Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-12-2018, 09:25 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Massachusetts
Posts: 3
Wiring of the house batteries

Can anyone send me a picture of the wiring on the two house batteries in a 2018 Windsport 35m? I stupidly disconnected them and didn't pay attention to how they were connected.
Also, is there another battery in the engine compartment?
I'm shutting down for my first winter and figured I should take all the batteries out.
__________________

BobPetit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:41 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
TurnerFam's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.3 34'bunkhouse
State: North Carolina
Posts: 1,138
are they 12v or 6v?? take a picture and post it here so we can 'see' your situation
__________________

TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:46 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Massachusetts
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
are they 12v or 6v?? take a picture and post it here so we can 'see' your situation
They are the two 12 volt batteries in the compartment behind the driver's front wheel. I already pulled the batteries out and put them on trickle chargers for the winter. If I took a picture, which I can't do until next weekend, all you'd see is the compartment and the wires laying down. I was hoping someone had the same RV so the wiring would be the same.
BobPetit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:50 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
TurnerFam's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.3 34'bunkhouse
State: North Carolina
Posts: 1,138
Exclamation

<img src="http://www.solarray.com/Images/ImagesTGuides/drawings/BATTER~4.gif" alt="Image result for two 12v batteries in parallel"/>
Attached Images
 
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:58 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Massachusetts
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
<img src="http://www.solarray.com/Images/ImagesTGuides/drawings/BATTER~4.gif" alt="Image result for two 12v batteries in parallel"/>
It's a bit more complex than that.....
BobPetit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:25 PM   #6
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: New York
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPetit View Post
Can anyone send me a picture of the wiring on the two house batteries in a 2018 Windsport 35m? I stupidly disconnected them and didn't pay attention to how they were connected.
Also, is there another battery in the engine compartment?
I'm shutting down for my first winter and figured I should take all the batteries out.


Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1474.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	14004
I have a 2018 Windsport 29M. Here is a photo of inside the battery compartment. Tight fit, they didnít install them on a pull out tray. Best I can do for you.
Mlleml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:15 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
revjeffrey's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Indiana
Posts: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlleml View Post
Attachment 14004
I have a 2018 Windsport 29M. Here is a photo of inside the battery compartment. Tight fit, they didnít install them on a pull out tray. Best I can do for you.
Once they are back in correctly.Click image for larger version

Name:	20181013_121341.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	14025
__________________
Rev. Jeffrey 2017 Thor Axis 24.1 E450 Windjammer.
Silver Safe-T-Plus Steering Control
SSF-106-40 SumoSprings Solo Front Bump Stop SSR-107-47 SumoSprings Rear Bump Stop
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:46 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds
State: Ontario
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPetit View Post
It's a bit more complex than that.....
It is more complex than that but it should not be. If you look at the build schematics for the battery compartment layout for your unit, then the wiring should be as shown by Mr.Turner. The potential problem or what is making it more complex is that normally extra cables are attached at the batteries instead of at the house terminal post ( where they should be attached). For instance they will connect the generator at the batteries . Again, according to the schematics, it should be at the house terminal post. I always add a catastrophic fuse at the batteries. In my opinion a Blue Sea battery terminal fuse block and fuse is a very inexpensive insurance against molten metal and exploding battery acid.
__________________
_____________________
2018 Four Winds 31Y
Peterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:50 PM   #9
Member
 
NewAxisOwner's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterrrr View Post
It is more complex than that but it should not be. If you look at the build schematics for the battery compartment layout for your unit, then the wiring should be as shown by Mr.Turner. The potential problem or what is making it more complex is that normally extra cables are attached at the batteries instead of at the house terminal post ( where they should be attached). For instance they will connect the generator at the batteries . Again, according to the schematics, it should be at the house terminal post. I always add a catastrophic fuse at the batteries. In my opinion a Blue Sea battery terminal fuse block and fuse is a very inexpensive insurance against molten metal and exploding battery acid.
Ditto on battery fuses and Blue sea block. I use both on every vintage camper build. I ALWAYS take pics before taking stuff apart for situations like this, but in yours, I'd locate the main ground and go from there. Use a multi-meter set as in the pic, connect one end end to a known ground and listen for the sound. 4 wires should be easy (main ground to batteries, 2 foot long jumpers (1neg&1pos) to the other battery and the generator positive (which you should be able to trace its run). Whatever isn't a ground should be a positive, in theory, lol...
__________________

__________________
"You're either swat, or you're not..."
NewAxisOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2