Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2019, 03:54 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum PD 31
State: Virginia
THOR #7506
Xantrex XM 1800PRO Inverter Issue

The inverter is showing Error code E05 OL, which is an overload error. When plugged to shore power the error does not come on and utility light is green. If I unplug shore and start engine the error comes back, the only thing hooked to the inverter is the residential fridge which wont come on with the inverter. The inverter is supposed to run the the fridge when I am driving. Any ideas on whats going on or how to reset the inverter?.....thanks Mark

Old 06-17-2019, 06:47 PM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Depending on how your inverter is wired, have you checked the built-in 20amp circuit breaker in the Xantrex itself?

The E05 can mean overload or a short circuit. If something is shorting, it might have tripped the built-in circuit breaker on the side of the Inverter if...

1) You are using the built-in GFCI outlet for power

or

2) Your GFCI receptacle was pulled out of the Inverter and those wires were used to prove the AC output (that's the way Thor did it on my rig).
Old 06-17-2019, 09:41 PM   #3

Model: Quantum PD 31
State: Virginia
THOR #7506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Depending on how your inverter is wired, have you checked the built-in 20amp circuit breaker in the Xantrex itself?

The E05 can mean overload or a short circuit. If something is shorting, it might have tripped the built-in circuit breaker on the side of the Inverter if...

1) You are using the built-in GFCI outlet for power

or

2) Your GFCI receptacle was pulled out of the Inverter and those wires were used to prove the AC output (that's the way Thor did it on my rig).
The fridge is hardwired, thor pulled out the GFCI, is the built in circuit breaker the little black button on the side? Not sure if that works when hardwired.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:52 PM   #4

Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Texas
THOR #218
I've had to replace two of these since last July due to shorting out internally. It will pass shore power through it when plugged in, but will not provide inverter power. There is a procedure to check it out (call Xantrex). After checking it out and definitively identifying the problem, Thor Customer Service was very good about sending me replacements. It is known that there was a bad batch of the XM 1800 inverters.
5 Star Tuner, Blue Ox, Towtector
PMSPKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:28 PM   #5

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdude View Post
The fridge is hardwired, thor pulled out the GFCI, is the built in circuit breaker the little black button on the side? Not sure if that works when hardwired.

That is correct. Thor took the cheap route and instead of using the hardwire circuit and adding a regular breaker they used the GFCI wires and the built in breaker.