Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2017, 03:07 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #7060
Windshield wipers and RV horn

We have a Thor Vegas 24.1 2015, just noted RV horn not working and wipers as well. We also did not have it hooked to power and battery lost charge. Could this be a battery and a fuse problem....hmmm. Any insights would be helpful, thank you

Old 05-01-2017, 06:11 PM   #2

Model: Axis
State: Florida
THOR #3501
Have you checked the big breaker under the hood (I think it's a 50 amp). I had issues with my AC not blowing cold air last year, and, during the hunt for what was wrong, I noticed my horn wasn't working and my wipers had quit. The tech I was working with didn't have a whole lot of RV experience (middle of nowhere, Texas - just happy he was game to come out with his voltage meter!), so I spent some time on here and found the answer. Not sure if it will help you, but I'd start there.

When you open up the front of the RV, have a look on the upper left hand side, hiding behind some of the flexible ac tubing. If the breaker has tripped (and if I remember this right), you'll see a little yellow "flag" flipped out. Push that back in, and it should reset. Hope that solves the issue - it's a really cheap fix! Good Luck
Old 05-02-2017, 05:18 PM   #3

THOR #7060
We gave it a try but to no avail. Thank you for your assistance though, we are wishing we had not sold our last RV with the remaining 2 year warranty now. We did it as a selling feature not knowing if we would be replacing the RV so quickly. But that's one thing you have to realize when owning any RV, things are always going to come up that eequire attention. Sometimes big sometimes small. The great thing about the forum is there is always someone who will offer help and information and for that we are grateful. Thanks again
Old 05-02-2017, 11:56 PM   #4

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
We had an episode when our Vegas was new, no wipers, horn, speedo or radio. Tech found a nut loose on one of the terminals on that switch that was mentioned. The breaker wasn't tripped, just a loose wire. Warranty covered the labor, no parts needed.

Check with the company that issued that warranty, you may get a refund for the remaining time on the contract.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:02 AM   #5

THOR #7060
Thank you so much!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Thor RV Forum mobile app