Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Towing | Hitches and Toads
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2017, 10:50 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #6484
ACE 29.4 and roadmaster invisibrake

I just purchased a 2017 ACE 29.4. I have an roadmaster invisibrake on my Jeep wrangler unlimited. my question is can I use the harness that came with the ACE if I purchase the kit for a new motorhome from roadmaster? it is an indicator light and a alarm to give feedback on the invisibrake. would I use the blue and white wires on that harness?

Old 02-12-2017, 04:03 PM   #2
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
The only thing Invisibrake besides a properly wired 7 pin connector on the back of your rig is a single wire run to the dash and connected to the monitor light...
Looks like etrailer sells that kit for $79... a bit steep for what it is. (Must be the bundle of zip ties... lol
Remind me to remove the current one before selling my MH...

It is an LED, proper resistor matching voltage and LED requirements, and a length of wire. Have to believe you can do this much cheaper.
I'm 1000 miles from my rig - and toad - at the moment so can't check the voltage coming back.

If you buy the kit - attach the socket to connect to toad right by the 7 pin connector - run the single wire to the front and up to the dash, and connect to the LED (other lead goes to ground). Mount in available dash popout.
The rest of the connections (full time power and brake signal) come from the standard 7 pin harness.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote