Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Towing | Hitches and Toads
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2017, 01:45 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #7902
Anybody towing a Ford C-Max Energi w/BlueOx Braking System

I have a 2017 Ford C-Max Energy that I will be towing with my 2017 Hurricane. I have a BlueOx Patriot Braking System that I want to use for braking in the Energi. In the Installation Notes of the braking sysrem, it makes this statement. "When installing the Patriot on hybrids/vehicles with continuous power assist brakes or if the user gets the "REPOSITION BRAKE" error twice in a row while trying to set-up their brake, then they should do the following: change the MODE from "FORCE" to "POSITION"."

Trying to find anyone who is towing a Ford Energi and using the BlueOx Braking System. Have you made this change to the "MODE" setting. I am not getting the "REPOSITION BRAKE", just concerned about it being a hybrid and whether it has continuous power assist brakes.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:02 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
You may not find anyone participating here with that exact combination, so you might want to try the broader forums like IRV2 or RV.NET/forum

Even better, call the Blue Ox folks out in Pender, Nebraska. They are great and likely have the knowledge you are looking for. 800-288-9289 Central time zone.