Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Towing | Hitches and Toads
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-03-2019, 05:38 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
And they're common enough to be found almost anywhere!

Yes, used CR-Vs are plentiful and reliable. Unfortunately, 2014 was the last year that could be flat towed since they switched to the CVT transmission in 2015. If you want a brand new compact SUV to flat tow, the Cherokee is probably the most similar alternative.

If my CR-V got totaled I would probably get another 2012-2014 CR-V to replace it.

Old 12-08-2019, 05:28 PM   #62

State: California
THOR #16104
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0670.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	21757
What I have in my Jeep
Old 12-08-2019, 05:46 PM   #63

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4winds4me View Post
Attachment 21757
What I have in my Jeep

Mee too. Installed it myself and couldn’t be happier.
Old 12-12-2019, 03:05 PM   #64
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket List Inn View Post
Just a heads up about Jeeps. All Jeep Wranglers can be flat towed (automatics and manual transmission).
Jeep Cherokee’s and Grand Cherokee’s can be flat towed if they have an active driveII installed. An active drive II allows the vehicle to be put in to a neutral drive position which means the wheels turning while being towed aren’t turning the transmission. 2015-2018 Cherokee’s have an issue with death wobble and require a wiring harness to be installed to prevent this from happening. I’m not sure if Grand Cherokee’s experience this situation or not.
No other Jeep model’s that I know of made in the last few years can be flat towed.
Have fun!
2019 Jeeps that can be flat towed include the Wrangler, Gladiator, Cherokee and Grand Cherokee. You must verify that the transfer gear case allows shifting into Neutral. I will tell you that the weight for the Grand Cherokee in the 2019 Dinghy Guide is misleading. If the JGC is a Trailhawk with V8 the weight is over 5,000 pounds and not the 4,600 listed in the Dinghy Guide. The Dinghy Guide does not take into consideration engines, suspension upgrades of off road packages when they list the weight. Someone might want to verify before they buy. My optioned out JGC Trailhawk empty with 1/2 tank of gas weights in at just under 5,100 pounds.

It is a great TOAD!!!!
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote