Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Towing | Hitches and Toads
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2017, 02:15 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #6446
Towing a 2014 Hundai Elantra

This is my first trip out with the Elantra I bought to be my toad. A thing I noticed at a rest stop is that the push button start accessory position (that provides power for the Apollo brake and transmitter) shuts off after one hour to save battery. Luckily, the steering wheel doesn't lock when this happens. I checked with Hundai, and their customer care referred me to the dealer that referred me to them.... So I ended up wiring an additional accessory outlet direct from battery yesterday. All lights powered from RV. Apollo brake system is the only thing using battery... I did install a battery "maintainer". Comments/ advice?

Old 03-11-2017, 02:03 AM   #2

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
No responses seems to indicate that you may be the only one here, at this time, towing an Elantra, or maybe even any model Hundai. You might find someone with more wiring experience on one of the broader forums, such as IRV2.com

It would appear that you have resolved your issue. Sorry you didn't get the kind of response you may have expected.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:10 AM   #3

State: Alabama
THOR #6446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
No responses seems to indicate that you may be the only one here, at this time, towing an Elantra, or maybe even any model Hundai. You might find someone with more wiring experience on one of the broader forums, such as IRV2.com

It would appear that you have resolved your issue. Sorry you didn't get the kind of response you may have expected.
Thanks. All is working well. I woulda never thought I'd be a Hundai owner, but it's a great today at 2700 lbs.

Tags
toad, towing