Thor Forums

Thor Forums (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   Thor RV Lifestyle (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f28/)
-   -   Wish-Lists (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f28/wish-lists-12573.html)

Bob Denman 06-13-2018 05:12 PM

Wish-Lists
 
Since we're still a bit less than a year into this adventure: there's tons of stuff that we see, that we want to buy! :coolsmiley:
Stuff like:
Sewer Dump Caddy
GPS System
RV Cover
Sumo Springs
TPMS
Ground Mat

And the list goes on... and on... :o

Price not being an issue: What's on your list of things worth desiring?

Skip 500 06-13-2018 05:18 PM

Just about 6 months into our adventure, would like a:

15K AC (A 13.5K just does not cut it in 112 degree heat)
Better dash stereo system with nav
Bedroom TV
2 batteries with invertor
Day/Nite blinds

That's all I can think of right now:thumb:


A motorhome is a box into which one puts money in and it disappears!

Travelin' Texans 06-13-2018 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip 500 (Post 125537)
Just about 6 months into our adventure, would like a:

15K AC (A 13.5K just does not cut it in 112 degree heat)
Better dash stereo system with nav
Bedroom TV
2 batteries with invertor
Day/Nite blinds

That's all I can think of right now:thumb:


A motorhome is a box into which one puts money in and it disappears!

Not sure going 1 size bigger ac unit would make a $1000+ difference, but I understand the needing more cool on your wish list, our last 5er only had 1 ac & wasn't near enough.

Bogie 06-13-2018 06:56 PM

Getting ready for our third trip:
I would like to find a small fan that will run on an inverter that runs a TV. It says 110v(?), powers a tv, but my small fan trips it when I turn it on.

Good method to make coffee. May just give in and buy a coffee maker. The percolator is a mess and makes crap coffee.

Skip 500 06-13-2018 07:18 PM

I've got a Black and Decker stainless thermal carafe coffee maker. Once the coffee is made, it stays warm in the carafe for several hours. Then I have coffee for the road. I just put the coffee maker in the sink.:dance:
Gotta have my coffee!

99dart 06-13-2018 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie (Post 125564)
Getting ready for our third trip:
I would like to find a small fan that will run on an inverter that runs a TV. It says 110v(?), powers a tv, but my small fan trips it when I turn it on.

Good method to make coffee. May just give in and buy a coffee maker. The percolator is a mess and makes crap coffee.

I bought this 12v fan especially for times when dry camping. It has very good rpm for air movement. I would rather not ad additional draw thru the inverter. Our Resi fridge is more than enough! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For coffee I still take my big French press. Makes great coffee every time!

Bob Denman 06-13-2018 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip 500 (Post 125568)
I've got a Black and Decker stainless thermal carafe coffee maker. Once the coffee is made, it stays warm in the carafe for several hours. Then I have coffee for the road. I just put the coffee maker in the sink.:dance:
Gotta have my coffee!

"It's all about the "Brown Ambition"! :thumb:
Do you have a link to those Black & Decker coffee makers? I've got to find something to carry in our rig!

Fish and Dear 06-13-2018 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip 500 (Post 125568)
I've got a Black and Decker stainless thermal carafe coffee maker. Once the coffee is made, it stays warm in the carafe for several hours. Then I have coffee for the road. I just put the coffee maker in the sink.:dance:
Gotta have my coffee!

Exactly...GOTTA have the coffee. But it has to be good coffee.

Fish and Dear 06-13-2018 11:36 PM

There is always a list of things that would be GREAT to have, right?!?

We downsized from a very well appointed TT to our new rig. Don't get me wrong...we absolutely love this 24F. And 10 years experience with our own RVs and another 30 with family RVs we new exactly what we NEEDED and what we could do without. That being said...

I do miss my day/night shades. Mostly because she complains about the light. I'm up for the sunrise anyway. But they did keep it a bit cooler in the summer.

13.5k BTU AC wasn't even a consideration. We travel in the south. It's a minimum 15k here.

Sewer Dump Caddy...not a chance, Bob. I want to handle my own sh*t as infrequently as possible.

GPS...I like Google maps and we have an old Garmin for backup. 30 years on the road I feel fairly confident. But I do like the tech.

RV cover...we use our's too much. And it's in a garage.

TPMS...had to get it. Always kept an eye on tow truck and TT tires before. Not having it on the MH was driving me nuts.

Ground mat...it comes out depending on the campground site.

Dog gazebo for our boys...had to have it. the Aussie is just to active to hang onto a leash every single minute of every day. And he hates me being outside without him.

Flag pole...every eligible male in our family served. If the trees are not an issue the stars and bars go up and the Navy flag, too.

Adjustable water regulator...because I just cannot guess or assume. I want it at EXACTLY 60 PSI.

A whole damn case of Sea Foam for the year...I cannot imagine having one of those big class A's with a 200 gallon tank. My 57 gallons is 4 cans when needed. UGH!!!

Those special zip sheets...we have a "walk around" bed, but the acrobatics of sheet replacement in your 50s is tiresome.

Chairs...we have 2 we like and 4 we never take with us. Yard sale!!

An Amazon subscription for black and gray tank chemicals.

Last thing I MUST HAVE...lighted flamingos for the site to annoy our friends who travel with us often.

Have I forgotten anything?
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

mountainsam 06-14-2018 12:06 AM

Sure I have a list.

A nice grille for outdoor cooking. I have no LP connection on the rig and I don't want to install one so I guess it should be electric.
Better TV's
Better dash radio with nav and bluetooth
An extra 60 days a year on the road

Druff 06-14-2018 12:53 AM

We have a 40' DP with a 130 gal fuel tank. I use Schaeffer's fuel additive, it comes in gallon jugs. For gas 1 gallon treats 250 gal, for diesel 1 gallon treats 2000 gallons.

Fish and Dear 06-14-2018 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druff (Post 125649)
We have a 40' DP with a 130 gal fuel tank. I use Schaeffer's fuel additive, it comes in gallon jugs. For gas 1 gallon treats 250 gal, for diesel 1 gallon treats 2000 gallons.

I ordered on Amazon. The case of 24 was cheaper per oz than the gallon jugs. But I need to look at this brand you mentioned.

Pete'sMH 06-14-2018 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish and Dear (Post 125633)
There is always a list of things that would be GREAT to have, right?!?



We downsized from a very well appointed TT to our new rig. Don't get me wrong...we absolutely love this 24F. And 10 years experience with our own RVs and another 30 with family RVs we new exactly what we NEEDED and what we could do without. That being said...



I do miss my day/night shades. Mostly because she complains about the light. I'm up for the sunrise anyway. But they did keep it a bit cooler in the summer.



13.5k BTU AC wasn't even a consideration. We travel in the south. It's a minimum 15k here.



Sewer Dump Caddy...not a chance, Bob. I want to handle my own sh*t as infrequently as possible.



GPS...I like Google maps and we have an old Garmin for backup. 30 years on the road I feel fairly confident. But I do like the tech.



RV cover...we use our's too much. And it's in a garage.



TPMS...had to get it. Always kept an eye on tow truck and TT tires before. Not having it on the MH was driving me nuts.



Ground mat...it comes out depending on the campground site.



Dog gazebo for our boys...had to have it. the Aussie is just to active to hang onto a leash every single minute of every day. And he hates me being outside without him.



Flag pole...every eligible male in our family served. If the trees are not an issue the stars and bars go up and the Navy flag, too.



Adjustable water regulator...because I just cannot guess or assume. I want it at EXACTLY 60 PSI.



A whole damn case of Sea Foam for the year...I cannot imagine having one of those big class A's with a 200 gallon tank. My 57 gallons is 4 cans when needed. UGH!!!



Those special zip sheets...we have a "walk around" bed, but the acrobatics of sheet replacement in your 50s is tiresome.



Chairs...we have 2 we like and 4 we never take with us. Yard sale!!



An Amazon subscription for black and gray tank chemicals.



Last thing I MUST HAVE...lighted flamingos for the site to annoy our friends who travel with us often.



Have I forgotten anything?

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:



If you use your machine a lot why do you need the sea Foam? I use it or Stabil only in the winter if I won’t be using it for a month or more.

Gladinwj 06-14-2018 03:05 AM

If you use K-cups at home and space is an issue, this works and is not expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HIXSAXQ..._OXCiBb8RVGGBX

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie (Post 125564)
Getting ready for our third trip:
I would like to find a small fan that will run on an inverter that runs a TV. It says 110v(?), powers a tv, but my small fan trips it when I turn it on.

Good method to make coffee. May just give in and buy a coffee maker. The percolator is a mess and makes crap coffee.


Travelin' Texans 06-14-2018 04:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 10741
I agree! The flagpole goes up even if just spending the night!!
NO, on the the dump caddy, had one & gave it away, a mess waiting to happen, no way to stop filling it quickly.
Google maps on our phones/ipad along with Rand McNally motor carriers atlas.
NO cover, too much hassle with winds, too much chaving paint & too big/bulky to carry up & wrestle around on the roof.
We've worn out several outdoor mats using them where they were allowed.
TPMS, absolutely must have!
Surge protector/ems is also MUST HAVE!
Yes, an adjustable water pressure regulator.

Chance 06-14-2018 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Denman (Post 125534)
....cut....

Price not being an issue: What's on your list of things worth desiring?


Cost not an object, I can dream pretty big — or more to the point, smaller. Something similar in size to picture below:

Small simple Class A
Under 7 meters long (23 feet)
Under 10 feet tall
Narrow w/ single rear wheels
forward facing seats for 4
Sleeping for 4
Large rear garage
All electric
20 kWh lithium battery
48-Volt 10 kW alternator
Dual pane awning windows
Integral screens and shades

If dreaming bigger still:

Ford Super Duty boxed frame
4WD
F-150 5.0L V8 w/ 10-speed
12 MPG
600-mile actual range

JamieGeek 06-14-2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chance (Post 125684)
Cost not an object, I can dream pretty big — or more to the point, smaller. Something similar in size to picture below:

Small simple Class A
Under 7 meters long (23 feet)
Under 10 feet tall
Narrow w/ single rear wheels
forward facing seats for 4
Sleeping for 4
Large rear garage
All electric
20 kWh lithium battery
48-Volt 10 kW alternator
Dual pane awning windows
Integral screens and shades

If dreaming bigger still:

Ford Super Duty boxed frame
4WD
F-150 5.0L V8 w/ 10-speed
12 MPG
600-mile actual range

If you're going there:
300 - 600 kWh lithium battery
600 mile range
two electric motors (one per axle)

Bob Denman 06-14-2018 01:34 PM

:D NOW we're getting into the good stuff!
Dream Big: or stay awake! :thumb:

Chance,
If you're adding a "large" garage to your rig (Let's say nine feet...): it's going to eat up a lot of living area...
How do we resolve this?
(Our 31 foot-long Class C has a nine foot garage: we sleep on the couch-bed...)

99dart 06-14-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladinwj (Post 125657)
If you use K-cups at home and space is an issue, this works and is not expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HIXSAXQ..._OXCiBb8RVGGBX

Hey, that's pretty slick! I'll have to the my DW. :coolsmiley:

Chance 06-14-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamieGeek (Post 125686)
If you're going there:
300 - 600 kWh lithium battery
600 mile range
two electric motors (one per axle)


That’s dreaming much bigger — I tried to keep cost within “reason”. ;)

Pretty much a Hymer-size Class A with Volta system built on Ford 4WD pickup chassis. Cost could be practical.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2