Thor Forums

Thor Forums (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   Thor RV Lifestyle (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f28/)
-   -   TV Channels While on the Road (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f28/tv-channels-while-road-13914.html)

Calman 09-02-2018 12:28 PM

TV Channels While on the Road
 
How many times have we been traveling across our Great Nation, pulled into a site, run up the TV "ears" and wondered "what's on TV"?

Check out www.tvtv.us. Enter Zip Code or Location and wait a few minutes to see a listing of ALL AVAILABLE Channel Lineups. If you're boondocking pick 'BROADCAST" and you get a listing of ALL programs available on the Broadcast Channel. Ditto for any DISH,DIRECTV, CABLE channels.

Beats surfing the channels.

16ACE27 09-02-2018 01:03 PM

If you have Internet then just connect your Roku TV and get a real channel guide for the area's OTA TV channels.

I replaced my 32" Seiki main TV with a 39" ROKU 4K Smart TV for $250 a couple of months ago. We've had Rokus and other "Smart" TVs in the house for years but this is the first Roku TV I've owned and I really like it. If you have a good enough Internet connection you can also stream about anything you want to it.

Bob Denman 09-02-2018 01:21 PM

:D Thanks for the info! :thumb:
Now: I may never have to go outside! :lol:

Calman 09-02-2018 11:36 PM

???????

K0LCB 09-03-2018 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Denman (Post 141800)
:D Thanks for the info! :thumb:
Now: I may never have to go outside! :lol:

That would get old

Mr Sunshine 09-03-2018 01:56 AM

When we set up, I use an app called "DTV Antennas" which shows the direction of signals. Then I turn the antenna in the direction of the strongest stations and run a TV scan. Often the signal is weak, and may take a little fine tuning.

The program listing would be very useful where there are lots of strong stations. It wouldn't help much in many of the areas we've been, since sometimes the available channels are limited to MeTV, educational and Spanish stations.

bry899 09-03-2018 02:53 AM

amazon fire stick
 
With Wifi, An Amazon Firestick also works, you can even add apps for live TV channels. They also have apps for Free Movies, and pay channels, Though some may be technically illegal.

With WIFI I also plug my laptop into my TV and go to the network website, I login using my home Cable subscription.

RVMichael 09-22-2018 04:43 PM

Sometimes there are large number of broadcast TV stations, only they fade in and out.

Streaming from our home DVR's has been really nice when we have connectivity. It's really cool because we have complete control over the programs like we were sitting at home.

To help with the connectivity, I just ordered the "WeBoost Drive 4G-X RV Cell Phone Signal Booster For Your RV Or Motorhome" from LivinLite.net store for a price cheaper than Amazon!

Now comes the part I'm dreading of drilling a 1 inch hole in my RV. I'll be OK if I take my time. :coolsmiley:

16ACE27 09-22-2018 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVMichael (Post 145756)
Sometimes there are large number of broadcast TV stations, only they fade in and out.

Streaming from our home DVR's has been really nice when we have connectivity. It's really cool because we have complete control over the programs like we were sitting at home.

To help with the connectivity, I just ordered the "WeBoost Drive 4G-X RV Cell Phone Signal Booster For Your RV Or Motorhome" from LivinLite.net store for a price cheaper than Amazon!

Now comes the part I'm dreading of drilling a 1 inch hole in my RV. I'll be OK if I take my time. :coolsmiley:

Actually $20 cheaper on Amazon if you have a prime account and use 2 day shipping for comparison.

RVMichael 09-22-2018 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tfryman (Post 145763)
Actually $20 cheaper on Amazon if you have a prime account and use 2 day shipping for comparison.

Not sure what's going on here, but I see an Amazon Prime price at $499 plus $35 estimated tax to be added for a total of $534. (I do see the no cost 2 day shipping.):confused:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

https://store.livinlite.net/weBoost-...home_p_22.html

Bob Denman 09-22-2018 10:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAlDbP4tdqc

16ACE27 09-22-2018 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVMichael (Post 145845)
Not sure what's going on here, but I see an Amazon Prime price at $499 plus $35 estimated tax to be added for a total of $534. (I do see the no cost 2 day shipping.):confused:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

https://store.livinlite.net/weBoost-...home_p_22.html

Sooooo is livinlite store not charging tax? Cuz I see $498.50 + $21.34 2 day shipping. Tax at both places should be a wash unless one has a physical presence in your state and one does not. I didn't even include tax in my comparison but $35 saved is $35 saved.

And if you're not in a hurry and take advantage of Livinlite's free standard shipping you can save that 2 day shipping charge.

rynosback 09-22-2018 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calman (Post 141786)
How many times have we been traveling across our Great Nation, pulled into a site, run up the TV "ears" and wondered "what's on TV"?

Check out www.tvtv.us. Enter Zip Code or Location and wait a few minutes to see a listing of ALL AVAILABLE Channel Lineups. If you're boondocking pick 'BROADCAST" and you get a listing of ALL programs available on the Broadcast Channel. Ditto for any DISH,DIRECTV, CABLE channels.

Beats surfing the channels.

Thanks for the link. :thumb:

pavemike 09-23-2018 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVMichael (Post 145845)
Not sure what's going on here, but I see an Amazon Prime price at $499 plus $35 estimated tax to be added for a total of $534. (I do see the no cost 2 day shipping.):confused:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

https://store.livinlite.net/weBoost-...home_p_22.html

TechnoRv has it for $499, no tax, free shipping. I buy most of my tech items from them. Good prices and great people.

pavemike 09-23-2018 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVMichael (Post 145845)
Not sure what's going on here, but I see an Amazon Prime price at $499 plus $35 estimated tax to be added for a total of $534. (I do see the no cost 2 day shipping.):confused:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

https://store.livinlite.net/weBoost-...home_p_22.html

TechnoRv has it for $499, no tax, free shipping. I buy most of my tech items from them. Good prices and great people.

JJMON 01-15-2019 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calman (Post 141786)
How many times have we been traveling across our Great Nation, pulled into a site, run up the TV "ears" and wondered "what's on TV"?

Check out www.tvtv.us. Enter Zip Code or Location and wait a few minutes to see a listing of ALL AVAILABLE Channel Lineups. If you're boondocking pick 'BROADCAST" and you get a listing of ALL programs available on the Broadcast Channel. Ditto for any DISH,DIRECTV, CABLE channels.

Beats surfing the channels.

Thanks for the link. It should be helpful. I checked it out with my home Zip.

Thanks
JJ

16ACE27 01-15-2019 11:33 PM

My ROKU TVs have a channel guide which automatically updates when I update the zip code.

JJMON 01-16-2019 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tfryman (Post 162734)
My ROKU TVs have a channel guide which automatically updates when I update the zip code.

This must be a feature of the TVS as I donít have this on any of my 3 Roku devices that plug into a TV.

16ACE27 01-16-2019 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJMON (Post 162742)
This must be a feature of the TVS as I donít have this on any of my 3 Roku devices that plug into a TV.

Yep, TV specific as the TVs have a tuner but the ROKU boxes do not.

rynosback 01-16-2019 02:08 AM

My channel Master DVR shows the guide. I just enter in the zip code also. Plus I records my shows and fast forward through the commercials.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2