Thor Forums

Thor Forums (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   Modifications and Updates (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27/)
-   -   Bathroom door vibrates open when driving (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27/bathroom-door-vibrates-open-when-driving-16306.html)

Ajax1000 03-03-2019 06:42 PM

Bathroom door vibrates open when driving

I have a new Thor Vegas 27.7. On the road after about 20 minutes, the door comes open. It is closed tight to the pull and solidly latched.

Any suggestions?

MTHook 03-03-2019 07:01 PM

Makes sure the latch is fully extended into the jamb when it closes. It may need to be adjusted in or out/ up or down

Ajax1000 03-03-2019 08:21 PM

How do I know if it is fully extended? I can't see inside the jam. I jiggle it and pull on it and it won't open... just when driving.

MTHook 03-03-2019 10:29 PM

You'll have to eye ball it. Look at it when the door is open then closed.
The simplest fix will be a door stop. jamb it under the door when closed.
As much as these thing bend and twist it's amazing that nay door will stay closed or add a spring hinge

Miramar Owner 03-04-2019 12:00 AM

I had a similar problem with my Miramar. It would actually come out of the track at the bottom and then rattle. I simply fastened a piece of velcro to each side...one piece on the wall and another on the door itself. Then I secure it with a velcro strap before hitting the road.

Cason61 03-04-2019 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miramar Owner (Post 170893)
I had a similar problem with my Miramar. It would actually come out of the track at the bottom and then rattle. I simply fastened a piece of velcro to each side...one piece on the wall and another on the door itself. Then I secure it with a velcro strap before hitting the road.

Yeah, I had another brand of TT that all the doors would pop open while driving. I bought a bag of screws, about 3 ft. of velcro, some zip ties and a very small drill bit. Since all the doors were way up high, I drilled the small hole in the adjacent wall about two inches away from the door, another in the door, stretched a piece of the 'plastic' velcro across it, then cut it in half and screwed down both sides. The part of the uncut 'cloth' velcro that was the same length was attached to the 2 cut pieces and I cut a hole in the edge the stuck a zip tie to it and zipped it closed. Had ten doors and ten cloth velcro strips with zip tied ends to put away until we got ready to go. Had some extra velcro leftover too.

nosticks 03-04-2019 11:21 AM

Had the same problem on my 2015 Four Winds. Solved with a door kick stand. If you use this solution, put it on the bathroom side of the door to prop it open while underway. If you put it on the outside of the bathroom door to keep it closed, you will one day find yourself locked in the bathroom if the kick stand falls down by itself.

Long & Winding road 03-04-2019 02:25 PM

I would think you could adjust it some. If not... maybe you can redrill some holes (or make the current one oval) to make it fit?

Bob Denman 03-04-2019 03:35 PM

If it's not engaging completely: a small amount of work with a file should do the trick... :coolsmiley:

Or you could just drive on smoother roads! :lol:

Good luck! :thumb: