Thor Forums

Thor Forums (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   Thor Motor Coach | Class A, Class B+ & Class C Motorhomes (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Vegas vs Axis (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17/vegas-vs-axis-17360.html)

harvnlois 05-19-2019 05:56 PM

Vegas vs Axis

OK, I admit, as a newbie/RV owner wannabe, that I don't find the differences, if any, between the Axis and Vegas.

My wife and I are just beginning the process of considering buying a class A and love the 2019/2020 Hurricane 29M. And I find the Windsport to show almost the same specs/features. But we also like the idea of the smaller Axis/Vegas 24.1. But why do both of them exist?! Just like with the Hurricane/Windsport, I can'f find differences between the Axis/Vegas in specs and features.

Anyone out there give me some insight? Please.

Thanks,
Harv

JamieGeek 05-19-2019 06:18 PM

Yup Hurricane/Windsport are sisters with same floorplans and some color differences.

Likewise Axis/Vegas are the same aside from the front ends and some color differences.

They do such so that two dealers next to each other can sell "competing" units without selling the exact same thing (even though the are nearly the exact same thing).

taylorbob1 05-19-2019 06:53 PM

Yuup, What Jamie said
Like Chevy, Buick, GMC, Pontiac, Oldsmobile
Like Hyundai, Kia

Mr Sunshine 05-19-2019 10:58 PM

The Axis and the Vegas roll down the same assembly line. All the mechanicals are the same. The fiberglass shell is a few shades different in color, and the fabrics and wall covering are a bit different. The headlights are in a different configuration.

If you can, rent a unit with a floorplan similar to the one you want. Now with www.RVshare, you might be able to rent the exact one.

You didn't say if you will be traveling with kids and/or pets, which could influence your choice. For the two of us and the way we travel today, the Vegas fits us just right. Happy Hunting!

harvnlois 05-19-2019 11:48 PM

Interesting business approach...says a non-business person.
Thanks.
Harv

harvnlois 05-19-2019 11:51 PM

Mr. Sunshine,
It will be my wife and me, plus 2 semi-feral young cats. The cats are a bit of concern no matter what we get...if we get. We intend to rent at least once for a week to take them along and see how we all do. Lots of questions surround that evaluation.
Also, will likely want to have a toad soon, so considering RUV vs RV as to power and economy in that case.
Lots of questions.
Harv

JamieGeek 05-20-2019 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvnlois (Post 183290)
Mr. Sunshine,
It will be my wife and me, plus 2 semi-feral young cats. The cats are a bit of concern no matter what we get...if we get. We intend to rent at least once for a week to take them along and see how we all do. Lots of questions surround that evaluation.
Also, will likely want to have a toad soon, so considering RUV vs RV as to power and economy in that case.
Lots of questions.
Harv

Some questions you can only answer yourself by renting or taking the plunge.

Other questions: Post away we'll try to help as much as we can.