Thor Forums

Thor Forums (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   Thor Motor Coach | Class A, Class B+ & Class C Motorhomes (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Brake Controllers (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17/brake-controllers-18813.html)

z28 08-24-2019 11:41 PM

Brake Controllers

Looking for suggestion on installing a brake controller on My Thor ACE 30.3 built on an F53 chassis. The trailer is a 24 foot Haulmark enclosed car trailer. Is there a feature on this coach that will allow me to plug in without running a harness to the rear harness plug?

dstankov 08-25-2019 12:53 AM

Look around under the dash around the steering column. You may have a plug for the brake controller already installed. I believe mine is gray in color and is attached to the steering column.

Crossleyt 08-25-2019 01:04 AM

Brake controller

1 Attachment(s)
I found in my paperwork bag from Thor, a pigtail, from Ford, for the brake controller. If you don't have one, one can be gotten from Ford.

DbleDutch 08-25-2019 03:30 AM

Most likely a brake controller harness with a Ford connector somewhere near the driver cockpit. I simply bought the harness for my Prodigy II that connects to Ford, $10 online.

TimmyB 08-25-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z28 (Post 199496)
Looking for suggestion on installing a brake controller on My Thor ACE 30.3 built on an F53 chassis. The trailer is a 24 foot Haulmark enclosed car trailer. Is there a feature on this coach that will allow me to plug in without running a harness to the rear harness plug?

Those of us with Vegas/Axis models discovered that we have no brake controller plug to clip into and it's a VERY expensive rewire to get one ($600-800, depending on trailer shop/dealer). Curt now sells a wireless model (works on Bluetooth technology) called the Echo for just over $200. It needs a phone with BT to program it and to control the manual braking, should you ever need it, but it does NOT need to be your regular phone and it does NOT need to be in constant communication with the phone to work, as once it is programmed, your settings are stored in the actual device at the hitch, not on your phone. Might be worth checking out for you.

z28 08-25-2019 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossleyt (Post 199513)
I found in my paperwork bag from Thor, a pigtail, from Ford, for the brake controller. If you don't have one, one can be gotten from Ford.

Thanks for the info
Mark

z28 08-25-2019 07:49 PM

Thanks
I appreciate the info
Mark

z28 08-25-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmyB (Post 199629)
Those of us with Vegas/Axis models discovered that we have no brake controller plug to clip into and it's a VERY expensive rewire to get one ($600-800, depending on trailer shop/dealer). Curt now sells a wireless model (works on Bluetooth technology) called the Echo for just over $200. It needs a phone with BT to program it and to control the manual braking, should you ever need it, but it does NOT need to be your regular phone and it does NOT need to be in constant communication with the phone to work, as once it is programmed, your settings are stored in the actual device at the hitch, not on your phone. Might be worth checking out for you.

Thanks
Ií Check it out
Mark