Thor Forums

Thor Forums (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   DRV Luxury Suites (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f29/)
-   -   Ignore Option (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f29/ignore-option-3071.html)

rynosback 01-24-2016 06:28 AM

Ignore Option

Every forum has an Ignore a member option. I am posting this as some people like to ignore trolls or just members that they never like what they say. Below is how to do it:

1. Click user CP tab (upper left)
2. Under settings & options select, click edit ignore list
3. type the users screen name and click Okay

You might see what they say if someone quotes them, at least you can on other forums that I am on that runs the Vbulletin software.

Cummins12V98 01-24-2016 05:29 PM

Personally have never blocked anyone, even you Ryan!

rynosback 01-24-2016 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAN'T SEE YOU (Post 25580)
Personally have never blocked anyone, even you Ryan!

I'm not sure who posted this, but I have never blocked anyone. :whistling: But in one thread people did not replying to trolls. So I thought people might find this info useful.

Nursx2 01-24-2016 08:15 PM

What is a troll?

This is an open forum of opinions! God knows I have been very opinionated about Thor and their lack of quality! This is a very slippery slop you are opening here!

Bobm1964 01-24-2016 09:14 PM

Personally I enjoy people's opinions, if I don't like what someone has to say I just won't read it!

KNMIB 01-24-2016 11:00 PM

I enjoy all the chatter on this site. I actually haven't read anything that bothered me. It also has been a great resource for RVing. I say to everyone keep up the good work.

Cummins12V98 01-25-2016 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynosback (Post 25582)
i'm not sure who posted this, but i have never blocked anyone. :whistling: But in one thread people did not replying to trolls. So i thought people might find this info useful.

:D .........

rynosback 01-25-2016 02:00 AM

This was not directed towards or for anyone specifically. Just for informational purposes.

This is a VERY tame forum. To me there is nothing wrong with a little banter or expressing problems or issues with our rigs. This is why forums were developed.

Cummins12V98 01-25-2016 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynosback (Post 25618)
This was not directed towards or for anyone specifically. Just for informational purposes.

This is a VERY tame forum. To me there is nothing wrong with a little banter or expressing problems or issues with our rigs. This is why forums were developed.

I agree! Try keeping a threat going about the big 3 on RV.net!

Terry and Jo 01-25-2016 04:43 PM

Well, I am one of those that was unhappy with the comments of another forum participant. It was in the thread about "Pricing" if you want to read it. One of our participants asked about what was expected in the way of discounts off of MSRP of an RV.

Someone else came on and claimed that one should get another 30% off of the best deal one could get from the dealer. I've never heard of such and the poster of that claim was called out as a troll. I called him out as a liar instead of just a troll. (That "Pricing" thread even speaks to numbers on a theoretical $100,000 RV.)

I believe that when a thread is about a legitimate question about RV'ing or RV's, one should get legitimate answers, not troll posts. I can understand trolling if the thread is primarily a conversational banter instead of directed at a specific question. I'm active on 4 RV forums, somewhat inactive on 2 or 3 others, and active or inactive on 3 firearms forums.

Now, if you want to see trolling, check out the "general discussion" forums of a firearms forum. WOW!!!

Terry

fhenn 01-25-2016 04:59 PM

Now, if you want to see trolling, check out the "general discussion" forums of a firearms forum. WOW!!!

Terry[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Do not go there any more:whistling::hide:

pstandiford 01-25-2016 08:28 PM

I've only seen one person get upset from a comment. The unfortunate thing is that the comment was made in jest (and everyone except the OP knew it was made in jest) but the OP has not been back (to my knowledge). I thought the comments were quite humorous but some people have very thin skin.

rynosback 07-15-2019 02:12 AM

Bump. :D This is a great feature to block out members that just keep posting off topic comments or what ever bothers you. They will not change, so this is an option so you do not have to deal with them.

bry899 07-15-2019 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynosback (Post 193012)
Bump. :D This is a great feature to block out members that just keep posting off topic comments or what ever bothers you. They will not change, so this is an option so you do not have to deal with them.

Thanks for the info.
Can a member see who blocked him, or how many other members blocked him.

rynosback 07-15-2019 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bry899 (Post 193022)
Thanks for the info.
Can a member see who blocked him, or how many other members blocked him.

They are not notified if they are blocked. They will have no clue that you blocked them. The entire forum could block a member and they might get a clue, because they will be talking to themself. And you can even go back into that setting and unblock a blocked member later down the road if you choose.

rynosback 07-15-2019 03:28 AM

This is what it will look like in a thread,

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/at...4&d=1563157616

So you will see that they posted something, but not see what they posted.
Oops, did I just reveal an ignored person on my list. :facepalm::whistling: