Thor Forums

Thor Forums (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   Thor RV Lifestyle (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f28/)
-   -   New Mattress (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f28/new-mattress-7167.html)

Shawbird 05-02-2017 03:59 PM

New Mattress

1 Attachment(s)
Our Freedom Elite is only 1 month old but we have already spent 14 nights in it. We are loving our new "digs" but not so much the mattress. Both hubby and I wake up with backaches. So..... we ordered a new mattress from Amazon. We were concerned about buying one online and especially since it was so reasonably priced but OMG! Best modification so far.
Attachment 4803

tabatha 05-09-2017 04:49 PM

Haven't tried our new motorhome yet,but we are planning on getting an egggrate,it's like a new mattress

Kev 05-09-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawbird (Post 66353)
Our Freedom Elite is only 1 month old but we have already spent 14 nights in it. We are loving our new "digs" but not so much the mattress. Both hubby and I wake up with backaches. So..... we ordered a new mattress from Amazon. We were concerned about buying one online and especially since it was so reasonably priced but OMG! Best modification so far.
Attachment 4803

That is a great price!

DogLovers 05-09-2017 05:01 PM

The more RV makers try to break our backs the more smart people will apply ingenuity to overcome them!

Thanks for the info.

Gary A 05-09-2017 06:17 PM

I'm not a fan of the memory foam but am having a heck-uv-a time finding a 6 inch old fashioned good quality COIL mattress. Any ideas. We've got a Freedom Elite, also, and not happy with the standard mattress.

gentilebrian 05-09-2017 07:53 PM

Our Freedom Elite matress is horrible. We tried the pillow top and not much help but them put on 4" of memory foam and now its great.

Not sure how true it is but was told once anything over 3" of memory foam is a waste because your weight never goes that deep.

JRS950 05-10-2017 12:03 AM

We ordered the same mattress for our Class "C" and I totally agree with you. Best money I've spent yet. No more hitting bottom and sore back in the morning. Loads of fun getting it into the correct spot and right side up.
Now just need to dispose of the OEM mattress.

Dvan 05-10-2017 01:44 AM

We bought basically the same memory foam mattress. SO much better! The wife snd I occasionally just sleep out ther in the driveway.. I know, we're silly.

Smidge 05-10-2017 02:18 AM

Thank you! I ordered mine yesterday. We had Select Comfort in our 5th wheel, but would have to get twins anew for Smidge. Here's hoping the "cool" part works, said she of certain years.

karwask 05-10-2017 03:22 AM

mattressinsider.com

For future reference, these guys do custom mattresses and accessories. I am pretty happy with the mattress that came in my Thor Vegas 25.4. But it's a corner bed, full size and I was able to get them to make a custom fitted sheet that fits it perfectly.