Thor Forums

Thor Forums (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   Thor Owners Community Discussions (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4/)
-   -   AXIS/VEGAS owners with TORNADO tank rinser (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4/axis-vegas-owners-tornado-tank-rinser-8546.html)

Mo_Mike 07-31-2017 04:18 AM

AXIS/VEGAS owners with TORNADO tank rinser

Question, where have you owners with the TORNADO mounted the water connection?

So far I have mine just loose in the SEWER compartment, but really want to mount it somewhere. I have a 25.2, so our black tank is open full length with a door. So I don't know whether the black tank compartment, or sewer compartment would work better...

I knw this is not a "big deal", but figured /I would see what has worked for others.

JamieGeek 07-31-2017 01:05 PM

I had asked our dealer to install one before we picked it up. Sadly that is the only instruction I gave them so they put it in the simplest place they could (e.g. as little as possible work on their part): They installed it right on the side of the tank that is visible behind the hatch.

It is working well, however, at this location. I use it 2 or 3 times a season to flush out the tank.

petew 07-31-2017 01:44 PM

In my 24.1 I have it mounted right in the sewer compartment.
To me it seemed the best place in terms of convenience .

I also have a FloJet electric pump to empty my tanks and have placed my power hook up for the Flo Jet in that compartment as well.

I did look at the option of putting the Tornado hook up in the black tank compartment but found the sewer compartment easier and more convenient.

I can get you a picture if you like.

Mo_Mike 07-31-2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petew (Post 80518)
In my 24.1 I have it mounted right in the sewer compartment.
To me it seemed the best place in terms of convenience .

I also have a FloJet electric pump to empty my tanks and have placed my power hook up for the Flo Jet in that compartment as well.

I did look at the option of putting the Tornado hook up in the black tank compartment but found the sewer compartment easier and more convenient.

I can get you a picture if you like.

That would be GREAT...

Also, since you have a FLOJET, two questions:

Where do you keep the discharge hose, and have you ever had any issues with getting the flojet "uncoupled" from the extension of the coach discharge?

We are using a 45 degree extension to allow better "angle" of the flojet pump, and once we put the flojet on the extension, it takes using WD40 and two people to disengage...

I have tried two different brands of extensions and they both do the same thing. I want a TIGHT fit there, but this is a little overkill. I would just leave the extension on the pump, but kind of like keeping the FLOJET in the carrying case.

Any help with your experience would be appreciated.

petew 07-31-2017 05:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the flush hose coupler.

As for the Flo Jet what I did was buy a clear 45 adapter from Walmart and messed with it and the Flo Jet until I found the best angle .

Once satisfied I made indexing marks with a permanent marker so I could quickly duplicate the set up.

It is difficult to get all of the couplers twisted together but I have found that by wearing gloves it is much easier.

I have a total of 75' of 3/4" discharge hose , one 25' length and one 50' length.
it and the Flo Jet are stored in the small exterior compartment under the drivers area.

I always completely disassemble everything and rinse well before putting it away.
My Flo Jet is always stored in it's case.

Mo_Mike 08-07-2017 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petew (Post 80565)
Here is a picture of the flush hose coupler.

As for the Flo Jet what I did was buy a clear 45 adapter from Walmart and messed with it and the Flo Jet until I found the best angle .

Once satisfied I made indexing marks with a permanent marker so I could quickly duplicate the set up.

It is difficult to get all of the couplers twisted together but I have found that by wearing gloves it is much easier.

I have a total of 75' of 3/4" discharge hose , one 25' length and one 50' length.
it and the Flo Jet are stored in the small exterior compartment under the drivers area.

I always completely disassemble everything and rinse well before putting it away.
My Flo Jet is always stored in it's case.

Thank you for the picture...

I was trying to figure out a way to install the water connection on the side of the compartments, I hadn't thought about installing it to the floor of the compartment..

That looks like a good workable solution...

Thanks!