Thor Forums

Thor Forums (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   Thor RV Lifestyle (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f28/)
-   -   Rv king mattress (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f28/rv-king-mattress-8569.html)

harleybob 08-01-2017 10:42 PM

Rv king mattress

Where can I get a real mattress? We have a memory foam topper now
And it does not cut it.
Thanks for your replys
S

carboss 08-01-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harleybob (Post 80800)
And it does not cut it.
Thanks for your replys
S

Go to any mattress store. Measure your mattress first.

thutchis 08-01-2017 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboss (Post 80804)
Go to any mattress store. Measure your mattress first.

Double that. Our Windsport had a king bed, so we got king bed sheets only to discover its not a real king size, but an "RV king". So had to special order a mattress pad and sheets.

Travelin' Texans 08-02-2017 12:35 AM

There are several on line sights that have quality memory foam mattresses that are MUCH cheaper than those rip off mattress stores, seriously $3000 for a mattress.

captmetal 08-02-2017 12:55 AM

mattress

i use a foam mattress from amazon, toppers are different then a full foam mattress

DBAston 08-09-2017 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captmetal (Post 80821)
i use a foam mattress from amazon, toppers are different then a full foam mattress

Denver mattress has RV kings and all the bedding. Try Amazon.

SuperD 08-09-2017 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBAston (Post 82277)
Denver mattress has RV kings and all the bedding. Try Amazon.

We have a Denver mattress in our coach. I would be just about as comfortable sleeping on the pedestal without mattress.

halfprice 08-09-2017 02:56 AM

Denver mattress suck but with the foam topper i bought at Amazon its great. I get a very good night sleep on it. I was surprised how well the topper changed the feel.

Jerry

ComputerChips 08-09-2017 03:31 AM

There's not much sugar coating on that SuperD!
We have a RV king in our ACE, one of the first "Mods" my wife did was to purchase a memory foam topper. Walmart had 2 and she selected the more expense one (of course). It feels wonderful. She had to prune it down to the RV King-size. There are mattress companies in our area that offer to make custom sizes. If it were me, I would want to tryout a product in the showroom and then see if they can make it in the size needed.

mustang94 08-09-2017 03:35 AM

We ordered one from here and love it, any size you want. Just as nice and soft as the one we had at home, but be ready to pay for it.
Corsicana Arabella Merrick Double Sided Euro Top Mattress

steve76 08-09-2017 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halfprice (Post 82308)
Denver mattress suck but with the foam topper i bought at Amazon its great. I get a very good night sleep on it. I was surprised how well the topper changed the feel.

Jerry

Can you tell me what thickness you've order as a foam topper from Amazon?

halfprice 08-09-2017 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve76 (Post 82328)
Can you tell me what thickness you've order as a foam topper from Amazon?

Memory Foam Solutions King Size 2 Inch Thick, Gel Swirl Visco Elastic Memory Foam Mattress Pad Bed Topper Made in the USA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AGUPVQ6..._7XOIzb7DJDBZ9

steve76 08-09-2017 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halfprice (Post 82334)
Memory Foam Solutions King Size 2 Inch Thick, Gel Swirl Visco Elastic Memory Foam Mattress Pad Bed Topper Made in the USA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AGUPVQ6..._7XOIzb7DJDBZ9

Thank's for the information and the link.

Steve

SuperD 08-09-2017 10:33 AM

Actually a foam topper was one of the very first things I bought for our coach, a 4" one. I only had to lay on the Denver mattress about 30 seconds to know I wasn't going to like it. Our Tuscany was the same way, hard as a brick, bought a foam topper the next day after sleeping one night.

jtroop 08-09-2017 12:46 PM

Yep, the firm as a brick denver mattress was not slept on one night. First thing I bought for the rig was a 3" gel memory foam topper bought on sale at Kohls.

bigben 08-09-2017 01:33 PM

Replaced first Denver Mattress

Put up with our original Denver mattress for the first 15 months. HORRIBLE even after getting a high end topper. We were about to give up when I called Denver Mattress customer service and told them our mattress was broken down. After sending them a picture of the mattress tags, the CSR apologized and told me that mattress wasn't broken down - that is normal performance for that entry level mattress. The nice CSR worked with me and gave me a deal on a replacement. After 90 days of use, I can only say "thank you". It is very comfortable.

After 28 months of ownership (about 20 months in the coach), I remain convinced that the best bang for the buck, remains our Challenger. Yep we've had issues but never any that we didn't work through with Thor. The original mattress however isn't even a a little thump for the buck. In plain language it sucks. Thinking back to the glossy brochure that alluded to the mattress as a "premium" mattress isn't even close - it is a low end foam pad.

I will attempt to find the name of mattress but in the mean time, call Denver mattress and ask. Use the number from their website.

rickymac 08-09-2017 01:34 PM

Us too, first purchase for the Windsport 34f was a topper for the Denver mattress.

DW went to Sam's and got their most expensive. It does not fit correctly (too big) and we keep saying that we are going to cut it down, but have not yet.

Grand kids love the topper, it like jumping into a big soft pillow. I must admit that I look forward to jumping into it too.

brucev 08-14-2017 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harleybob (Post 80800)
And it does not cut it.
Thanks for your replys
S

Look around your area for a company that manufactures their own products. We found that on some models Thor uses sizes unique to that model. We could not find an off the shelf, even from Denver Mattress the manufacturer of stock one and the only place to go was Thor. Not! We found a store here in Orange County "Custom Comfort" that would make one to our specs for about $750. We are so happy we did!

steve76 08-14-2017 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brucev (Post 83221)
Look around your area for a company that manufactures their own products. We found that on some models Thor uses sizes unique to that model. We could not find an off the shelf, even from Denver Mattress the manufacturer of stock one and the only place to go was Thor. Not! We found a store here in Orange County "Custom Comfort" that would make one to our specs for about $750. We are so happy we did!

Did you take measurements for them to build yours or do they know what the specifications are for the measurements to make it work in your coach?

brucev 08-14-2017 10:22 PM

I took the measurements of the stock mattress. Thor called it an RV King but it was not the size of the other RV Kings we looked at.