Thor Forums

Thor Forums (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   Thor Owners Community Discussions (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4/)
-   -   Sadly moving On (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4/sadly-moving-8598.html)

KNMIB 08-03-2017 04:23 AM

Sadly moving On
 
I just want to thank everyone that has helped me a lot in my first 3 years of Motorhome ownership. You people are great but I have to move to a different forum (brand change). I wish you all safe travels and God be with you. Thanks Kurt

SuperD 08-03-2017 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KNMIB (Post 81069)
I just want to thank everyone that has helped me a lot in my first 3 years of Motorhome ownership. You people are great but I have to move to a different forum (brand change). I wish you all safe travels and God be with you. Thanks Kurt

We'll miss you, best of luck to you!!!

tnedator 08-03-2017 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KNMIB (Post 81069)
I just want to thank everyone that has helped me a lot in my first 3 years of Motorhome ownership. You people are great but I have to move to a different forum (brand change). I wish you all safe travels and God be with you. Thanks Kurt

Which forum?

KNMIB 08-03-2017 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnedator (Post 81073)
Which forum?

Coachman Leprechaun 260DS, Forrest River Forum

tnedator 08-03-2017 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KNMIB (Post 81077)
Coachman Leprechaun 260DS, Forrest River Forum

Good luck. I spent a LOT of time on Forest River Forums researching several Class A and C Forest Rivers and even Isata 4 (I think that's the spelling). Came really close to pulling the trigger.

KNMIB 08-03-2017 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnedator (Post 81080)
Good luck. I spent a LOT of time on Forest River Forums researching several Class A and C Forest Rivers and even Isata 4 (I think that's the spelling). Came really close to pulling the trigger.

I love this forum and will continue to read because if the valuable general info. I will be on the other forum for specifics about new RV. Thanks

tnedator 08-03-2017 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KNMIB (Post 81082)
I love this forum and will continue to read because if the valuable general info. I will be on the other forum for specifics about new RV. Thanks

They have multiple company reps that frequent the forest river forum, which is very nice.

EA37TS 08-03-2017 11:17 AM

As a former Forest River owner I will tell you that yes they have some reps that frequent the forum to provide some technical advice. They do not respond to emails or phone calls like Thor.

Also, find a way to track motor home recalls. Forest River does not track components during the assembly phase and cannot or will not notify owners when a recall occurs. Happened to me with the Dometic awning recall and I was one of the unlucky ones that had the awning deploy while driving.

Good luck with the coach.

KNMIB 08-03-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstankov (Post 81091)
As a former Forest River owner I will tell you that yes they have some reps that frequent the forum to provide some technical advice. They do not respond to emails or phone calls like Thor.

Also, find a way to track motor home recalls. Forest River does not track components during the assembly phase and cannot or will not notify owners when a recall occurs. Happened to me with the Dometic awning recall and I was one of the unlucky ones that had the awning deploy while driving.

Good luck with the coach.

Yipes :eek: that doesn't sound good. Fortunately I have a very good dealer.

EA37TS 08-03-2017 01:57 PM

Something else to keep in mind, Forest River is a Berkshire Hathaway company so their primary concern is keeping Warren Buffet happy.

Interesting reading

Regulators Fined Warren Buffett's Forest River Over Safety Concerns | Fortune.com

Good luck with your purchase.

KNMIB 08-03-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstankov (Post 81110)
Something else to keep in mind, Forest River is a Berkshire Hathaway company so their primary concern is keeping Warren Buffet happy.

Interesting reading

Regulators Fined Warren Buffett's Forest River Over Safety Concerns | Fortune.com

Good luck with your purchase.

Glad they caught them, now they will be on there toes with safety, better to buy after then before. I am sure they manage to please stock holders just like Thor and all big companies, that's why I own Thor stock and would own Berkshire but it is a little high for me.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2