Thor Forums

Thor Forums (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/)
-   Thor RV Lifestyle (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f28/)
-   -   Dog missing her window view - where does your pup ride? (http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f28/dog-missing-her-window-view-where-does-your-pup-ride-9350.html)

patnoib 09-21-2017 07:19 PM

Dog missing her window view - where does your pup ride?

3 Attachment(s)
I know there are tons of RVing doggies out there so I'm hoping for some ideas. Our 11yr old 22lb min schnauzer LOVES looking out the window on car rides, but I have not found a good place for her in our 2016 Axis 25.2. She likes to be close to us, so she will not ride on the couch in back by herself. Occasionally she will brave the dash on a smooth road, but I think she's too old to really take to this. Of course, she takes over the co-pilot seat when DH is napping on the couch.

For now, we have her dog bed on the floor between the driver/passenger seat but she can't see out the window from there. We really needed an elevated bed, one that she can get in/out on her own, and that we can stow when not in use. I have not found a good solution. I tried this 15"x15"x15" pet ottoman from amazon, but it was too small for her to lay on top and to tipsy (more for a cat or small pup).

There's a little bit of room between the window and seats, too, that might work for something homemade. I think there's more room between the driver seat and window and I'd be willing to cover up the mirror controls, cup holder, etc.

Any ideas how to get this pup her window view??

Bob Denman 09-21-2017 07:33 PM

:ermm: What a cutie! :thumb:

Our TinkerBell has a car seat that is somewhat elevated, when attached to a seat. It's got a strap that goes up and behind the headrest, and another one that goes around the seatback. You set the height with the headrest strap.
The Missus sits in back, and lets Tink handle the Co-Pilot's chores! :D

SuperD 09-21-2017 09:15 PM

The things we go thru for our babies!!!

Bob Denman 09-21-2017 09:19 PM

I agree... The Missus has already told me that if there's only one parachute available: she and Tink have dibs on it! :lol:

SuperD 09-21-2017 09:20 PM

Certainly hope your coach doesn't have wings!

Bob Denman 09-21-2017 09:22 PM

:D That's for those "off-chances", when we might be in an airplance...
Or if I take a REALLY wrong turn on a mountain road! :eek:

patnoib 09-21-2017 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperD (Post 89504)
The things we go thru for our babies!!!

Ain't that the truth!! Heck, one of the reasons we got the RV in the first place was so the pup could easily travel with us! :rolleyes:

patnoib 09-21-2017 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Denman (Post 89489)
:ermm: What a cutie! :thumb:

Our TinkerBell has a car seat that is somewhat elevated, when attached to a seat. It's got a strap that goes up and behind the headrest, and another one that goes around the seatback. You set the height with the headrest strap.
The Missus sits in back, and lets Tink handle the Co-Pilot's chores! :D

Thanks, Bob! And I hope you don't ever need to that parachute!!

Laco 09-21-2017 10:43 PM

Our pup rides on my wife's lap while underway. She dozes, will watch traffic for awhile, and generally just enjoys watching the world pass by. And yes one of the reasons we travel by motor home, is so Samantha can travel with us, instead of being left in a cage at some kennel.

Bob Denman 09-21-2017 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patnoib (Post 89517)
Thanks, Bob! And I hope you don't ever need to that parachute!!

:rofl: That makes two of us! :thumb:

gmc 09-21-2017 11:36 PM

Ours rides on the dash mostly... In the fold out desk area - if not in DW's lap...
Of course she is 5 pounds max - a teacup Yorkie.

Hurricane also has the 'doggie window' - at floor level next to co-pilots seat...

Marc 09-23-2017 02:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
We have terrierists. One rides the dash & one has her own seat (throne) on the table between us.Attachment 7077Attachment 7078

Jbird_in_SC 09-24-2017 07:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Our Australian Shepherd enjoys the lower bunk while traveling and one of the captains chairs when parked!

Attachment 7089

Bob Denman 09-24-2017 02:09 PM

:nonono: I REALLY heate to bring this up... :ermm:

How many of you folks actually take the time to make sure that your pets (furry family members...) are safely secured?
I'm an Independent Insurance Agent, and I see accident reports almost every day.
Have you ever considered what might happen in an accident to your pet? :eek:

pu-LEEZE take the time to make sure that they are safe!

(off my soapbox...)

revjeffrey 09-24-2017 03:45 PM

Why not just install a small rv window?

Tupelo Kid 09-28-2017 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patnoib (Post 89516)
Ain't that the truth!! Heck, one of the reasons we got the RV in the first place was so the pup could easily travel with us! :rolleyes:

That's right. Us to. :D
However, the unit we bought has a doggie window at the feet of the co-pilot.

Whirnot 09-28-2017 04:35 AM

The wife and the dog take turns.
If the wife is up front, the dog is on the floor between us, but the wife likes riding on the couch a lot so Kenai get the copilots seat.

hondavalk 09-28-2017 12:51 PM

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/gq05dRql.jpg[/IMG]

Bob Denman 09-28-2017 01:10 PM

:D Is your Navigator also watching for traffic hazards; or just the next turn?? :thumb:

Lakefront5 10-03-2017 03:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 7231