Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 09:12 PM   #3
timp410

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #1478
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
They all have quality issues. Motorhomes, travel trailers, 5th wheels, Thor, Forest River, etc. it is common throughout the industry.

Every time you buy a brand new RV you take a roll of the dice. I'd like to think the odds are still in your favor but you never know (e.g. only one out of every 10-20 RVs has the really bad quality issues--contrast that with the auto industry where they measure "things gone wrong per 1000 vehicles" and its a fractional value like 0.3).

The Schwindtek(sp?) system (the Lippert one used on the Axis/Vegas and other Thor motorhomes) seems like a pretty slick one but it doesn't really seem to be beefy enough for some of those really large slides.
Thanks for your words of wisdom Jamie. I really feel bad for owners who spend their hard earned money in good faith with a dream of enjoying the RV experience just to have it shattered by poor quality control or engineering. I would hate to be in their shoes. I know anything man made can and will break. The issue I am having is the extreme wait times of getting their coach back. I think the manufacture should be jumping though hoops to correct their mistakes so the customer who just spend a ton of money on their product can enjoy it. When I had my home built, there was a small punch list that needed correcting but it was taken care of ASAP. A motorhome is a home and more complex but the principle show still apply. A guess my research should focus on finding out if their is a manufacturer that does have this principle and does not cost a million dollars before I give up.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum