Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Gfci
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 06:31 PM   #13
Laco

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
I had thought of replacing the GFI, there is only the one in the bathroom, that has the kitchen and outside outlets on the same circuit. Since it happens so infrequently, I have really not been motivated to do much, other than complain to the dealer. As far as 'dirty power', I don't buy that either, though I plan to buy a tester to check polarity. Interestingly, the power at the storage garage will not go through the surge protector reliably, so until I know more, I can not completely discount a power issue, of some sort. If I bypass the surge protector all is well, but the surge protector works properly from other power sources. Also interesting, in my former DP, stored in the same garage, if I turned the refrigerator on, it would trip the garage GFI, but never when we were out in it. The Gemini refrigerator same brand, different model works just fine plugged into the same power source and does not trip the garage GFI. Weird isn't it?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.