Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 03:35 PM   #1
erice1098

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds Hurricane 31D
State: Arizona
THOR #7741
30 vs 20 Amp Circuit Breaker for AC unit

So... during a trip over the summer we had issues with our AC unit keeping up with the 117 degree weather. As noted in a different post, our unit died all together and had a new unit installed.

The tech who did the work, according to him, was told by Coleman that since the extreme heat conditions was also causing the 20amp circuit breaker to trip, to switch the AC unit over to the 30amp breaker and move the main for the coach to the 20amp breaker...

I am going to switch the breakers back to the way they originally were, but my question is, if what the tech/Coleman said is true, would it make sense to replace the 20amp AC breaker with a 30amp one? Or am I just asking for trouble...

2009 Thor Hurricane 31D w/ a Coleman Mach 15, BTU Level: 15000 BTU, Voltage Rating: 115 Volt AC, Ampere Rating: 14.8 Amp

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.