Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 10:35 PM   #22
Chesuncook1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Maine
THOR #10229
Hello,

More on our Aria 3901.

Our plumber must have been on vacation when our coach went down the line. All of our faucets leaked and just simply needed to be tightened. Not a big deal except we had to cut a hole in the bedroom wall behind the picture to gain access. All the sink and shower drains leaked. The piping leaked again because it was loose but also the basket/drain assembly was installed in all 4 sinks with the cardboard that it was probably shipped with. Cardboard doesn't make a great gasket! All basket assemblies had to be removed and pre-installed with plumbers puffy. The water line going to the ice maker was just a cut off piece off pex tubing not hooked to anything. When we turned on the valve to the ice maker it flooded the coach with water before I knew what was going on. The outside plumbing bay was plumbed wrong and I had to tear it all apart and re-plumb as we could not get any water from the tank via the pump. I tightened the washing machine before trying it. While we are on water, the front cap leaked and had to be re-sealed.

The passenger side mirror almost feel off before I could find a safe spot to pull over and tighten the wood screws that are holding this heavy mirror on. I am planning drilling and replacing the screws with bolts.

We live in Maine where it gets cold. The entry door was cold but I noticed that it always noisy when driving as well. I removed the inside panel on the door only to find it had NO insulation, really Thor! I spray foamed it and put it back together. Also, none of the bay doors are insulated either. Not even the wet bay. This is a concern for us as we keep the coach in a heated building and do not winterize the coach and it could be below zero when we leave. I insulated the 2 wet bay doors also.

The rear of the coach (rear fiberglass cap) is designed to low and drags when going into some gas station/restaurants. Our coach was damaged when we lived and had to go to the collision center. I have welded up brackets and installed snow plow skid shoes in the rear to protect the rear cap. Usually, the trailer hitch is much lower than the cap and protect the cap. The Aria's rear cap and the trailer hitch are at the same height. Poor engineering!

I mention these things hoping it will help one of you.

We have had tons of stuff fall apart inside and not important to list them all.

My fingers are tied, that's all for now. Have a good night.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum