Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 02:57 PM   #15
Porthole

Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Why ius it that evybody likes to scream safety, Safety, SAFETY, SAFETY!!!, and then we find out it's more of a "pain in the butt"; nothing more!

Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmath View Post
Don't see how its a safety issue when you know they drop down, secure them up, or remove them and then it's not an issue any more.
I thought this was a DRV section of the forum ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
How's that gonna help when the problem is the hydraulic pressure leaks out of the cylinder allowing them to move?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocP View Post
Even if the levelers are no longer under warranty, this does not mean that a (potential) flaw in the design of the system lets the manufacturer off the hook. Indeed, I am always interested in what issues/problems others are having so that if there is a systematic pattern, the appropriate manufacturers can be put on alert.

Just my two cents.
If the complaint is found to have any merit with the NHTSA and they either have Lippert issue a voluntary or forced recall, then warranty has no play. In the automotive world as far as the NHTSA is concerned, recalls are forever.

FWIIW, I specifically asked the DRV factory reps about this cylinder issue before placing my order. I was informed that the subject jacks have since been replaced with a different style, which so far has had no issues.

I have also heard the tip about using the auto retract to make sure the jacks are all up, all the way.
The LevelUp I have on my current trailer has the same front jacks that were an issue on the DRV trailers, although we have been fortunate to have had zero problems in 8.5 years of use. I also have always used the auto retract function just about all the time.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.