Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 09:04 AM   #34
Chesuncook1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Maine
THOR #10229
Electrical stuff

OK, here is an update to my earlier post. I changed the cook top wiring so it would work off the inverter. It did not work, the cook top came on and I pressed the + button until it was on 10 but no heating. I had a pan with water in it for the test.

Not everything will run on a modified sine wave inverter and I am guessing that is the problem. The brochure for the Aria says "true sine wave" inverter but what we have is a "modified sine wave" inverter.

Could someone look at their inverter for me and let me know what color it is? It is in the rear passenger side bay. If it is black, it's modified sine wave and if it's white, it's true sine wave. Thank you.

Also, how are any of you dealing with the fact that you can only use one burner on the cooktop at a time on high?

My circuit breaker panel is labeled wrong on a couple of things. The breaker for the dryer is really for the washer and the one that says "cooktop/washer" is really "cook top/dryer".

You have the "cooktop/dryer" and the "fireplace/water heater" that share a breaker. You can only run one at a time. This cannot be changed unless you separate them by adding an additional breaker and wiring for each. It's possible to do but to me it's not worth the work.

OK thank you in advance. Please get back to me on the inverter and cooktop issue.

Chesuncook1

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum