Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 02:23 PM   #9
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
You might also be able to find a 12V TV which would leave the game console (may also be able to find a 12V adapter for that)
Jamie is right, the more you can switch to 12v the less amperage you will use because it is more efficient than using an inverter. However, make sure that you are taking the amperage from your house batteries and not your chassis battery. I jump started an RV 35 miles into Denali NP in Alaska because he had run his chassis battery down running his 12v TV for a week. If you do that and dump the Keurig, you can also go to a much smaller inverter that you can easily install yourself. I have one the sits on top of the doghouse and is hooked directly to the house batteries. I use it to run two 110v fans above the driver and passenger going down the road, and to charge my laptop and run small appliances when I am camping.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.