Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 02:52 PM   #10
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Another option for the Keurig is to run the genny when you want that cup o coffee... Except for maybe early morning hours - simple to run genny for 5 min - and a lot cheaper than the larger inverter.

I carry a small inverter - rarely use it (can't remember the last time). I added a 12v TV and Blu Ray player in bedroom and can boondock (in non-winter) for a long weekend without issue running genny only for microwave and A/C if needed.

Using the inverter for a little TV/gaming is much more practical than higher wattage uses. (12v TVs tend to be smaller - and 'gamers' including my DW tend to not like playing on that...) I would consider putting a UPS between the game console and inverter - so power isn't abruptly removed if you hit low voltage or over current - and you can save/shut down gracefully on UPS battery.

BTW - don't forget about what else 12v you might be using... I switched all interior light bulbs to LED - greatly reduces draw...

If in colder weather - the furnace draws a lot - we recently hit a 25ish degree night (NOT in FL... lol) - and sucked down two good batteries in 24 hours with how often it needed to run. Step son now has a shiny new Eaton 30A RV outlet mounted to his power pole to allow charging and running elec heater to conserve propane and available for future visits...

There are ways to be able to power anything you want for (almost) as long as you want... but they come with a very hefty pricetag.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.