Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 06:33 PM   #16
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by sforl View Post
The cost of an inverter is worthwhile to me if it can allow me to be more comfortable.
What is of more concern is if installing this inverter requires additional batteries. Storage space in my Axis is limited, especially in the outside compartments. I’m not sure where I would be able to install more batteries.
I know there has to be a workable solution albeit expensive, but I just don’t know How to go about it.
Why we are focusing on what you want to power - is that will directly affect both the inverter and batteries needed... and can affect the installation effort...
With the Keurig as 'required use' - you will need the 1500W inverter - and that will require wiring capable of handling 75Amps at 12volt between the house batteries and inverter - also means that distance should be as short as possible. (Not as important at lower amp values)
As Chance stated, this will be less efficient when powering just the lower wattage workloads - but it will get the job done.

The capacity of your current battery bank and health of the batteries is something I don't know... Since your heavy draw is for short (2-3 min) periods - that certainly helps.. Don't know if you have one or two 12v batteries today - and they may not even be labeled as to their capacity...

If you could provide the WATTS of the other devices (TV, Switch, Gaming console ) - and validate the assumption of 2-3 hours/day for those... and same information for any other loads... and how long you need to last without recharge - we can calculate the battery capacity needed to do it...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.