Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: low voltage
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 10:52 PM   #11
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
I believe in most installations the jacks do work off the house batteries, but the control panel off the chassis battery, so it can be controlled by the ignition switch. I know that's the way the leveling system I had added to the Gemini is wired.
Correct. My ACE is wired this way.

Power to the brains/control box that's in a right side storage compartment, comes from the chassis battery and the ground comes from the emergency brake (there is a switch that activates when the brake is depressed). The low voltage warning comes from this connection.

Then, there is a about 8 wires that run from the brains to the actual hydraulic pump.

The pump itself gets power from the coach batteries and have a high amp breaker in line.

From what I've read, and experienced, when you get the low voltage warning, you can put it in manual mode and level manually (which I always do anyway, due to the violent nature of the LCI leveling).

I have not been able to really pin down when/why I get the low voltage. I have checked at the control box when it's occurred, and it the voltage was around 11.4. My suspicion is a questionable ground. Maybe the switch on the emergency brake isn't working correctly. I checked the at the chassis battery at was getting the 14.2V or so that you would expect with the engine running, so I don't think it's an alternator problem, which is why I expect a ground.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum