Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 06:08 PM   #3
M&M_MURPHYS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Quantum
State: California
THOR #9015
Heating Pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogday51 View Post
I have a 2017 30FE with the same concern. My manual states the holding tank compartments are heated by the furnace duct work. It will heat the tanks when the furnace is operating. I believe this is a standard statement generic to all Thor manuals. My monitor has two covers where the rocker switches go for the black and grey water tank. They do not work like the other rocker switches. There are no heated pads and no duct work to heat the holding tanks. My unit must have slipped by the quality control section of Thor when it was built. That is one reason I will not use my unit during the winter time. Is it possible to add heating pads to my holding tanks without too much cost?
We have heating pads on our 2017 Quantum. They are visible and attached directly to the black and grey water holding tanks. We paid extra for this as a upgrade. Did you pay for those or were you expecting to get them as a standard item? We have not used the heating pads yet so I cannot say how the switches work or at what temp they come on at.

As for the fresh water tank we have a heater duct that runs into that compartment area. If the heater runs it would also heat the fresh water tank.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.