Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 02:05 AM   #13
davidgebo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #1466
not so happy Vegas owner

Our Vegas has been at the dealer for warranty work for almost a month, now. They fixed a few things that have been a problem since new, now we are waiting for tire valve extenders for the dual, rears. A common issue with Vegas/Axis. Apparently Thor doesn't know what parts to send to Camping World. Tho, the service writer can walk 10 feet from his desk to the aisle where they sell 10 different kinds of brass valve extenders. Evidently, Camping World St. Augustine, doesn't give a damn if a customer is inconvenienced any more than Thor does. They could easily repair this and send us on our way. But, That's OK. So what if our Vegas has been in the shop for about one week for every month we have owned it. The last straw was my wife getting trapped in the bathroom when the latch broke. I had to rip open the door to extricate her. Had to stop on I-4 in Orlando to get her out. But, that's OK, too. Better to get locked in than locked out. Oh, Thor, would you like me to send back to you the extra 20 feet of wire your top-notch assembly line guys stuffed under the kitchen drawer? It goes nicely with the piles of sawdust and woodchips that were under there, too. I discovered all the unsecured, extra wiring when repairing the drawer slides that detached from the cabinet frame and allowed both drawers to fall out onto the floor. I guess those drawer slides needed more than one half-inch screw. The finger-tight water connections that leaked all over the sawdust under the bed at the water tank is good fire prevention when the loose wires under there get worn through and start a fire. That's thinking ahead, Thor. Are you listening, Thor? Are you listening? Thats the sound of your market share dropping. Do you hear it? As you may surmise, we are underwhelmed with Thor quality control. You people should be ashamed. To sell motorhomes to people with such glaring deficiencies is so despicable. There is NO way our coach was QC'd before it left the factory. The things that were so poorly put together, would be noticed by a blind man. What a shame. Such an interesting motorhome design, so horribly executed. We were so much looking forward to fun travels with a very cool-looking, comfortable coach. What we got instead, was aggravation, cancelled vacations because component of breakdowns, and reluctance to travel any distance, just waiting for the next thing to implode. The wife is so disappointed, she will not travel any distance in it. The only reliable part is the ever-faithful E-350 chassis and the bullet-proof V-10. That is the only thing Thor did right was choosing the Ford. What we have gone through is unforgivable. We have received no apologies from Thor for the Hell we have gone through with this fun RV. But, That's OK, Thor geniuses. Keep on buying up as many RV companies as you can. Concentrate on getting bigger and bigger. But don't bother running the companies you already own with consumer satisfaction in mind. As the word gets out, your customer base will dwindle, and you will need to start selling all the RV companies you recently bought. In the meantime, I will continue to correct all the screw-ups you people perpetrated on my Vegas, to make it as dependable as I can. That is, if I can convince my wife to travel in it again. Thor, You should be ashamed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum