Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 01:41 PM   #50
kdlamoreaux

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Axis 25.1
State: Maine
THOR #3986
kats9137 I'll try to take this piece by piece, feel free to ask more questions if I don't explain it well enough

Added 2 7" LED backup lights - Pictures & Info Please
The lights were bought from Amazon for $38 2 Auxbeam 7" 36W LED Light Bar 3600LM CREE 60 Degree Flood Beam back up lights wired into the trailer light connector. Just look under the back of the coach and you will see the trailer connector, using a tester figure out which wires go to the back up lights and splice into that wire.

Added a 25" LED light bar in the front grill Pictures & Info Please
Pictures are above the part is SLDX 120w 25/27inch Single Row Off Road Cree Led Light Bar 12V Bar Light Spot Flood Beam for Truck 4WD SUV ATV Jeep IP68 - Amazon $55

Added an extended stay "T" to the propane system I have no idea what this does for the RV.. please explain a little further.. also Pictures & Info Please
This is a "T" connection that allows you to shut off your on board tank and connect a portable tank to run off. The part is Camco 59125 Propane Brass Tee with 5' Hose for $55, we installed it so we could hook up an external propane tank in case we were unable to get the internal one filled (not many places in Maine). But we have yet to need it because the installed tank lasts much longer then we expected.

Added 2 4" speakers built into a little pod that hangs from the overhead. I can barely hear my radio, so this sounds like a good fix.. Pictures & Info Please
Pictures are included in the post, I made the housing out of some 1/2" plywood and covered it with vinyl but you could do the same thing with 2 small surface mount speakers. I had the speakers from another project which is why I went this way. If I were starting from scratch I would have just bought surface mount speakers.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum