Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 02:47 PM   #17
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
So if I understood your original post and follow up answers, you originally bought the 30.3 new at around 30% off MSRP, and now the dealer wants to allow you around 50% less than you paid?

So let's say for example the MSRP on your 30.3 was $100,000. You got it for between $70,000 and $72,000? Dealer is offering you between $35,000 and $38,000 on a trade?

I guess it boils down to what is the price drop on the unit you would be purchasing? When trading the only number that really matters is the "difference" figure. If they are coming down 30% to 35% on another new unit then maybe the deal is closer than you think, but you are still going to suffer for trading so soon.

Depending on how expensive your target RV is may help you decide if you are better off selling your 30.3 privately and then paying full sales tax on the new purchase. If you are buying a $500,000 DP then I would try a couple different dealers on a trade. If your next RV is in the $200,000 range then maybe you should sell your 30.3 and not trade. Just a couple different things to consider. Try to remember that as soon as you start thinking it is even remotely similar to an automobile purchase you will be greatly disappointed.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum