Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 01:22 PM   #11
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
We absolutely use FamCamps a LOT. We've traveled a great deal since retirement. Initially with a huge SUV and in the last year with an RV. In the 4 years prior to our RV crossover, we logged about 350,000 miles including 2 driving trips to Alaska. We traveled from sea to shining sear more times than we can count and in a great many of these we've used the retirement benefit of using BOQs. A year ago it was an easy jump to the FamCamps.

We use the US Military Campground site (U.S. Military Campgrounds and RV Parks - Home). Run by a retiree with input from all of the users relative to reviews and finds.

Looked into S.M.A.R.T. but was a little put off by the membership dues. Not the dues amount but the dues in principle. The other site is free - we donate just to keep it running but it is never required.

We'll need to look into the FMCA - haven't done that yet.

PS: We absolutely love our Challenger!
Unfortunately the location I used quite often, Cape Henry (Fort Story) closed everything except the campground so the beach front lodging is no longer available.

I was looking at the Military Campground site this morning and starting to plan a New England trip this fall. I made a donation to them when I created my account last year.

As for FMCA, I found that the FMCA discount on a set of Michelin RV tires will pay FMCA the membership fee for approximately 10 years, thereby the discount received on car tires is money in the pocket. Their current magazine has an article on awnings and after reading it a call to Carefree is on my to do list. I want to find out the level of difficulty/effort of installing the optional wind sensor on the Travel'r awning Thor installed on the Challengers. Although the wind sensor won't keep an awning from deploying at 55 MPH on Interstate 95 (yes, that happened to me last July on my prior coach) it would be nice during sudden wind squalls that can occur.

Safe and Happy travels.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.