Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: New to RVs
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 10:46 PM   #6
flyfishgrl

Brand: Still Looking
State: Tennessee
THOR #1887
So, I drove the Axis 24.1 today and was surprised at how easy it was to drive. I was able to back up just fine, stayed in the lanes and didn't hit a curb on a fairly odd turn. It was a slightly windy day and I drove on a highway with tractor trailers and other trucks and was happy to learn it wasn't sucked along when I was passed by a semi. JamieGeek, I used your list as a guideline and was able to confirm that the slide, bunk, generator, cameras, etc…the only thing I didn't get to was pressurizing the water system as I had to get to another appointment. Am going back tomorrow to do that. The washer/wiper system worked and I listened to the engine and it seemed to sound like a truck engine (maybe a big truck) it wasn't overbearing but am wondering if that is considered loud.

They are 'throwing in' an RV starter kit but charging for freight and and some sort of an inspection fee both of which are listed at $1200 each. Is that typical and are those the standard rates?

Thanks all. I still want to look at the Vegas (it looks like many of the issues have been resolved) but will have to drive a good way to find one to look at.

Finally, the sales guy said I will need to clean and reseal the roof every 12-18 months for best maintenance and to reseal the areas around the vents, antenna, etc… with a caulk type of goop in order to get the best results. Does this make sense? Is it difficult to do?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum