Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor reputation
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 06:45 AM   #11
Thehobe1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #10354
I've had 2 RVs and both were just thrown together. Just to purchase the parts that one of these RVs have you would pay twice what the entire vehicle can be purchased for. Notice that they all use the same refers,ovens,generators,electrical panels,furniture, base chassis's, etc etc etc. These are relatively low volume vehicles without the investment needed to make them much better. The Mercedes RV's show just what can be done for fit and finish but you have to pay for it. You can still buy the Mercedes chassis with a box put on the back (Coachman Prism) for a very low cost but then you hace a similar product to the basic US made RVs. I paid a similar amount for a new 2017 Thor Vegas 25.2 than I paid for a 1999 30' Gulfstream class C coach without many of the new conveniences of the newer RVs-same E450 Ford chassis but no automatic awning, motorized lowering bed, LED lighting, dual house batteries, backup and L/R cameras, twin tables. 10% more money after 17 years of inflation! I did get a much better price on the new RV but drove it to California from Wisconsin.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum