Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 02:13 PM   #5
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Are you sure that one side isn't set up as an air return...pulling air back to the AC?

take the inside cowling off of the roof mounted ac unit. The discharge plenum side will be more or less an open area.
Take a look to see if it's open to the roof plenum.

As Laco mentioned.... at least in mine, the ceiling is nothing more than a skin applied to a foam core with the roof sheathing and membrane above. So teh channeled in the foam are nothing more than hallows between the ceiling skin and the rest of the roof above.

The AC should be mounted with a space for the air to get into those channels. In mine, it's open to both sides.

the first photo here shows my AC. The area to the left is the intake filtered side. The other area is the output side of the fan. That black rectangle is the opening into the duct areas.

In the next photo, I was attempting to look into the duct plenum. Hard to tell, but that metal pieces is a bent metal diverted to smoothly turn the air equally front and back.

In a fairly recent thread here, somebody had found that there's only had a tiny crack and they were getting basically no airflow. Maybe there's a knock-out to open it up, I don't remember exactly how it looked. you might have to cut/drill to open it if yours is closed??? Anyway, in theirs that rectangular opening that I have was not there at all....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170903_095852209.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	8517   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170903_100448222.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	8518  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum