Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: New to RVs
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 02:40 PM   #21
flyfishgrl

Brand: Still Looking
State: Tennessee
THOR #1887
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor293 View Post
It really depends on the dealer, some will discount heavily if you order so they don't have pay for it sitting on the lot. A quick order and deliver is easy money. It's finding the dealer that will do it. I surfed the Internet for units in ohio to give you a price idea. The cheapest I found on a 24.1 was $71995. What price did they offer you? Sometime you have to go to another state for the unit you want. We bought in Indiana but if that fell through the next unit we found with options colors and price was in Alabama.
I also found one in alabama that I liked but the best price I have seen was in Florida but of course you have to give them your information for the specifics.
I agree that color combo is secondary but i am thinking down the road for resale value…may not really matter but who knows. Last night I started to get cold feet looking at all the issues folks have. It's not exclusive to Thor; I looked at the Winnie owner forums and issues there too. Also, the Thor dealer in my area is CW and I have seen several complaints about them but I expect it's like car dealerships, they vary based on ownership and management.

Do you recommend that I take it back out and run the noise meter to see decibels on engine? Also, anyone have experience taking on an overnight? Can you even do that? I also plan to push back on fees (freight and inspection) and go from there. Thanks for all the info. This forum is extremely helpful.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum