Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 12:34 AM   #3
JeffnBeth

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 37.4
State: Florida
THOR #7274
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharrisv65 View Post
I thought I'd chime in since no one has responded. If I'm picturing in my mind how yours are mounted, the plastic anchor is what's inside the door and the screw holding the hinge to it goes inside the plastic? Seems like you're saying the plastic anchors are what's failing? Anyway, I think the ideal fix would be to directly screw the hinges to the door, if there's enough thickness of the doors to do so. I have the same hinges in my MH, house and every house I've owned in the last few years and they were all mounted directly to the doors and I've never had one to fail. You might also use some Liquid Nails on the screw threads just to add some support and help hold them once they're screwed in.

Worst case scenario if you HAVE to relocate the hinges is to go to Lowe's and buy one of the hole cutters they sell. They make this tool to specifically drill the holes for these hinges and it shouldn't be very difficult. I would only do this as a last resort if directly screwing into the doors is not feasible due to not enough thickness, holes wallowed out, etc. As a very last resort, you could change to normal hinges that aren't the recessed kind like you have.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help but thought I'd offer up some ideas to help you fix the issue, good luck!
Yes, the plastic anchors come out of the door. I have used an adhesive to put them back in and have just had one of them fail. I'll clean it and try liquid nails this time...my usual choice but for some reason i tried something else on a few doors.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.