Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Miramar Radio
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 04:49 PM   #10
Ron

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31D
State: California
THOR #1675
Frustration

I hear a lot of frustration over a $200 radio in a $150,000 motorhome! We (as motorhome owners) must remember that our rolling palaces are not just one manufacturer but a compilation of many manufacturers installed into one product and then we roll down a bumpy highway hoping it will stay together! We have Ford, Thor, Atwater, Coleman, Onan, Jensen, Equalizer, and many more manufacturers contributing to our final product.

I would give this advice...turn your frustration unto challenge. Turn your challenge into success. Turn your success into joy! Here's how...Many people on this forum receive great joy in repair, fixing and/or modifying their coach. Get input from others on the forum and how they deal with various problems and then STOP taking the MH to the place of frustration ... the dealer (the wolves den) and get the joy of tinkering/repairing these things yourself.

But you say, "It's under warranty! They should fix it for free!" Is it really free when you have to continuously drive your unit to the dealer and sometimes leave it there? At nearly 50 cents per mile just for gas, it adds up fast!

I was stranded on the side of the freeway when my motorhome died right after I bought it. Luckily, I wasn't far from the dealership and they came right out to help me. They got it going again and said that the problem was due to a faulty battery isolator. They said there was a recall on the isolator and if I took it back to the dealership they would perform the service bulletin for free. I said thanks but no thanks. When I got home, I downloaded the service bulletin from RV Custom Products (Not Thor) and not only performed the modification but made an improvement on the repair. Now, when I flip on the battery switch, I have a mental picture of what is going on in the system because I am familiar with it. If it were to ever fail again, I would know exactly what to do...but I'm confident that it won't fail because it was fixed properly

Frustration turned into JOY!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum