Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Firearms
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 07:24 PM   #37
Kev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehobe1 View Post
My young family and I traveled across the US, from California to NY, staying mostly in 5 star RV parks in the year 2000 and never encountered even the slightest of security issues. I think carrying a gun actually raises the risk to you and to others. Unless you are going to unpopulated areas, where you would be the only RV in sight and in questionable locations, I think you are not in need of deadly force. Bring some mace and maybe a stun zapper (available for $15-$30), for protection. Invasion attempts are 1 in 1,000,000 so the odds don't suggest the need to carry. As one responder said, if you are that concerned, maybe you should not travel. Even in California where you live, have you ever needed a gun for your protection? If you do not have one yet, you probably do not need one.
Obviously you have been drinking too much cool aide. Let’s just hold hands and kumbya and everything will be all right. In the real world crime happens and if you have not been touched by crime that’s.great. Most people who legally carry weapons hope they never have to use it. In Florida when they passed the stand your ground law people like you predicted unprecedented shootings and it would be the “Wild West” when in fact crime went down. As this responder says if you are concerned about people carrying guns in RV parks maybe you should stay home. And for your information cities with the highest crime rates, ie NYC and Washington DC have the strictest gun laws. And after 32 yrs, of law enforcement experience officers I have come in contact with support citizens right to legally carry weapons.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.