Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Firearms
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 08:04 PM   #40
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehobe1 View Post
The fact that you came from a "cop" background definitely gives you more history of bad situations and a much higher fear profile. You also have been properly trained and have experience with those situations. Individuals with no training and no experience with difficult situations are much more likely to make a deadly mistake.
I do not run into a lot of police officers suggesting that the public start carrying guns! You are probably the first one in my experience.
Actually, I have had a number of experiences when police officers have knocked on my door, car door etc to investigate my well being or local criminal activity, more often than strangers knocking at my door. Situation like this could turn deadly with both parties carrying guns! Are you sure you want to recommend RVers carryoing guns?
I never said I advocate or want people to carry. I said its everyones right to carry if they want. Obviously I would prefer they practice and have proper training.

And just to be clear I am not gun nut fanatic. I only own 4 handguns. One belonged to my late uncle, two duty handguns, and the shield I carry now. And a couple of shotguns that I used for bird hunting. No Ar15s or anything like that. But I am an NRA member and believe if its legal buy and own what ever you like.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum