Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Firearms
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 02:27 PM   #50
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhamm View Post
Thanks for the info. A couple of things:

I'll be retiring in July, then we become full time RVers. Our plan is to use the Good Sam mail service which will give us residence address in Florida. So, I'll probably be subject to their gun laws, mostly.

As for the comment about maybe not leaving home; it's not that I see the boogey man behind every tree. I'll use 911 but there aren't a whole lot of places to hide in a motorhome while you're waiting for the police. I'd like to be able to say years from now that the only time I took my gun out was to shoot at the range and to clean it. As I said in my original post, "Plan for the worst, hope for the best."
I would agree with your planning 100%! Like Jerry and Kev, I am a retired LEO. Including my time in the military I have pretty much carried a firearm as part of my public service jobs from my 18th birthday.

A year from now if you were camped in some remote area of New Mexico and a crack head decided he wanted your RV at 3am you would be glad you packed a firearm. You could wait 40 minutes for a deputy or trooper to get there and just hope for the best, but I prefer not to put myself or my DW in that kind of critical situation.

I don't plan on having a flat tire on my toad but I still carry a jack, spare, and lug wrench. So, just like your said "plan for the worse, hope for the best".
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.