Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Firearms
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 02:44 PM   #51
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhamm View Post
We'll be hitting the road full time in July/August and I'm wondering.....cut......

My questions are: what, if any, type of gun do you carry; why that type; and what about the various state/federal laws?

Thanks,
Larry
Larry, I know you have gotten a lot of ideas on what type of firearms to carry. Let me throw out my ideas. I only own 3. I have a S&W Shield 9mm, a Taurus 5-shot 2" revolver (polymer), and a single shot 12 gauge sawed off shotgun.

The polymer Taurus revolver is my everyday carry and I use a Sticky holster (inside the pants style). It is light weight, sweat/rain can't hurt it, and very concealable. The other two are more for "home defense" even though I do carry the S&W Shield in another Sticky holster once and awhile.

It isn't rocket science when wanting to stay legal. If you want to conceal carry then get a permit and find out where that permit will allow you to carry. As far as having the firearms in your RV, that is a two part issue decided more by constitutional law rather than local laws. If you are stopped and using your RV as a residence (camped), then that loaded firearm can be sitting on your driver's seat, kitchen counter, or any place else inside your "home". If you are traveling down the highway then without a legal CC permit you would be safe by having it unloaded and out of your reach while driving (generally speaking).
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum