Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: New to RVs
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 03:09 PM   #30
flyfishgrl

Brand: Still Looking
State: Tennessee
THOR #1887
This is great information and I really appreciate the feedback and suggestions. A couple more questions:

I keep seeing comments on the boards about vent covers. Are those the covers on the fans in the living room and bedroom or are they something else?

On my first inspection/test drive (nothing signed) the drivers seat is very difficult to swivel around to center. The arm rest seems to get in the way. Is there a sequence/trick to that or does that indicate something is out of whack (technical term

I am going to get on the roof and look around for splits, gaps, and other obvious issues but is there anything else? Is there a seam between roof and side panels?

Should I have them take the dog house (?) off and look at that?

Also, where is the valve stem on the second tire (inside back tire)? I plan to test those as well. Anyone using nitrogen in their tires?

They are bringing in another one for me to look at but not sure when that will be in so I am headed back there today armed with more questions for them and to look at the coach they have more closely. I figure it only helps me to inspect the one they have since I can get familiar with the RV and I might have a fall back not that one if the other is unacceptable.

Thanks for the information, patience and links to other discussions.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum