Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 03:20 AM   #11
2BlindMice

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: California
THOR #10528
Question Extended Service and Warranty Plans on the Axis 24.1

I am sure this group has discussed this topic before ad nauseam, so i will apologize in advance, but... we are trying to prepare ourselves for the sales push on purchasing an extended service or warranty plan from the dealer where we are picking up the RV. (We've had to delay the pickup from the 25th to the 30th as we live up near Truckee, CA off of Highway 80 and the weather is predicted to be bloody awful. I don't even want to think about putting snow chains on an RV.)

I digress. Anyway, as I am sure you are all aware, there are service plans for tires, as well as the entire coach and the engine. I know I don't need to make a decision right away (after all it comes with a warranty), but what I feel strongly about is that anything the dealer offers me will be over priced. I have read blog after blog re: which company is best; should you buy it; what the difference is between service VS warranty. (Not sure if you allow company names to be discussed on the forum.)

Can I be so bold as to ask how the reliability has been on the Thor Axis products/Ford engine (E-450)?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum