Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 05:17 AM   #13
K9Piper

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis RUV 24.1
State: New York
THOR #9288
Welcome to the Forum and congrats are due on your purchase. We purchased ours on 11/4/17 and drove it home around 137 miles. Handled and drove very well. It was very comfortable to drive. looking out of the front window traveling south on the New York Thruway and being things we never saw before or even knew was on the other side of the guard rail was awesome! What a fantastic view.
Well now we are into Jan 2018 and have not put a mile on the Axis 24.1 after we got it home. As our luck runs illness after a return from DisneyWorld, the holidays elderly in law health issue the snow and arctic freeze we had her has put a clamp on the get a way time. So now we are looking towards March for our first real outing.
So my advice is to park it at home or at least close by and do a few over nighters in it at home and learn as well as work everything and do get use to the cameras. The hardest thing I found was backing up into a space , a rv site or even your drive way and it all has to do with the mirrors and cameras. Everything else can be followed by Bob manual. Down load and copy the manual and keep it in the Axis as a reference too / book. Do make use of the check lists. It's a learning tool.
This site or forum has given me much assistance wading through many issues I have had no knowledge of. Now I do but at this point I am attempting to learn about the generator, how to monthly use it and maintain it and how to run it on at least a half load. I'm sure I will once again partake in the advice of our forum members before I have it down pat!
Use it, Learn it, love it and have fun with it. Drive safe and careful and it will be safe to you. Above everything have fun ..no have a freaked blast and enjoy every second on your new adventure called "Our Axis"! K9piper

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum