Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 03:43 PM   #11
Miramar Owner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post
I guess either way it's too late as I pulled the trigger on a 660. I still don't believe there is enough upside in the 770 for the extra bucks. Been using a Garmin Nuvi for 7 years but it never caused an issue except outdated maps so I decided time for something else.
If I don't like it I'll sent it back!!!
Since I don't completely understand what the voice activation should do anyway yet (or the value added), but on page 10 and 11 of the official Garmin owners manual it discusses use of voice commands and starting a route with voice so I guess I'll figure it out. Maybe still confused but we'll see.
Thanks for the info and suggestions, Dennis.
I think if you thoroughly read the instructions you'll find a statement something like "if equipped". I don't think they do a completely different manual for each model.

My biggest complaint with any GPS is how much easier it is to use Google Maps on my phone because I can just speak it. I couldn't wait until a real dedicated RV GPS came out with this ability. It has taken some time to get use to the commands but I would NEVER go back to a non-voice command GPS.

I have had several Garmins for my car through the years but basically quit using them when Google Maps came into existence because of the voice command feature. I also had a Rand McNally RVND 7735 but could never get the screen bright enough and it kept loosing the satellites. That last time that happened I was traveling through Kansas City on unfamiliar Interstates...that was when I bought the new Garmin.

I love it!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum