Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 06:34 PM   #31
gnach

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Allow me to jump into the flame war. Porkchop- thanks for the pedantic critique of Thehobe1's post without contributing anything to the topic that might reflect your vast experience. Sheez.

My takeaway here is that the sockets/receptacles we connect our electrical power will wear with usage and need inspection and possibly periodic replacement. The "spring" grip of the socket (call them "clips" maybe?) soften with the heat generated by the current flow. We all know that wall outlet at home that the vacuum gets plugged into. As the grip relaxes, a small gap begins to grow but the demand of the load continues and the electricity will arc across the gap accelerating the deterioration with more heat. Ed's MH is well used and has been connected/disconnected often. Add in the external connector supplied isn't exactly industrial grade AND the possibility that the wires weren't tight to begin with. Electrical connections should be checked and re-tightened periodically. I intend to check all the connections in mine.

I like Thehobe1's suggestion to take a hold of the plug connectors of running (operating) appliances to be familiar with normal warmth but to feel the main cord connector at the MH too. They should never feel hot.
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum