Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 10:44 AM   #5
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanewton View Post
This is very timely information. I can attest to the fact that 125.00 would be cheap. On Sunday I was in my niece's house with the coach right outside. A sudden thunderstorm popped up and I lost the awning. Now waiting to get somewhere for a few weeks to get it replaced. I will probably add this then.
Willis,

Sorry to hear that.

If you go to Carefree's site www.carefreeofcolorado.com you may be able to find a service center close to a travel destination. With a little prior planning they may have what is needed available when you get there resulting in a shorter repair time. In my case the closest dealer is a bus shop that repairs Prevost and Newmar coaches as well as touring buses. They are not an RV dealer and only perform on-site and mobile service.

Last year after my Class C's awning deployed while traveling 55MPH on I-95 (talk about a drivability experience) the coach was out of commission for 2 months just waiting for a service appointment at a Dometic authorized dealer. Since the problem was the result of a Dometic failure and covered under a recall I had no choice in location of repair. It had to be done by a Dometic dealer which happened to be RV service centers and they were all swamped with 2 month waiting lists.

Other than that, how is the trip going?
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.