Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 03:52 PM   #1
chimez78

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #7047
Odd noise from engine.

I am having an issue I was hoping someone may be able to help diagnose.
I own a 2017 Thor Axis with 6100 miles on it. On our way home from Florida this September I began to notice at approximately 2100 rpm there is a knocking noise from the engine compartment on the driver side.
In attempting to diagnose the noise myself I cycled on and off all accessories and air conditioning etc. with no change.
The noise is not present when in neutral, or park at the same rpm. It is present only when moving and is not gear specific when in drive. I can hear it in all gears. It is more noticeable when I am climbing a hill or on a steady incline.
It does not sound metallic and I do not notice a decline in power or anything. Just a very odd noise. It almost sounds like you click your tongue in your mouth.
I took it to a Ford dealer and it sat for about 3 weeks with no diagnosis. Initially they said they cant replicate it then when I took out the service man and showed him he acknowledged it but was still unable to diagnose it.

Thanks in advance.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.